Reader reviews and comments on Julie & Julia, plus links to write your own review.

Julie & Julia

Paperback: Sep 2006,

There are currently 10 reader reviews for Julie & Julia

Susi (07/31/09)

An unsavory read...
Ugh! I am currently plodding (and I do mean P-L-O-D-D-I-N-G) my way through this book. LOVED the idea of the book and was earger to read it. However, now that I've started it, I don't know that I'll be able to finish it.

Where 10 words would suffice, Ms. Powell uses half a page. And her paranthetic "asides" are more often than not at least a full paragrah in length.

And we are certainly made aware of Ms. Powell's political leaning as she takes every opportunity she can find to make some denigrating remark about Republicans. Equally annoying is her fondness for the work F (which rhythms with puck). All in all, she comes across as a whiny, yelling, angry B (which rhythms with witch). What a grand disappointment. I pray the movie succeeds where Ms. Powell fell short.
Selene (01/31/08)

Cooking Fun
Julie is in a career quandary. She is working as temp and feels under-challenged. Hence, why not spend a year cooking the entire Julia Child classic, "Mastering the Art of French Cooking". This turns out to be a delightful, culinary romp through her less than perfect kitchen. I loved this book. Wish I had thought of it first.

Mrs. Hemingway