Reader reviews and comments on The Dew Breaker, plus links to write your own review.

By Edwidge Danticat

• Hardcover: Mar 2004,
    Paperback: Mar 2005,

There are currently 6 reader reviews for The Dew Breaker

Tom Lyler (05/04/08)

The Dew Breaker
I really enjoyed all the stories in this book. Many of these stories helped me to see in a different perspective of countries like Haiti and such. This whole book revolves around theme, motifs, and symbols which makes it that much better. Danticat uses her knowledge and experience of the corrupt Haitian Government to enhance the essence of the book. With her knowledge and her passion for writing, she is able to pull through a masterpiece. I really do recommend this book to everyone it is simply a masterpiece of Danticat.
Shalonda Hutchins (11/19/05)

My overall opinion of THE Dew Breaker
This book shows yet another aspect of how Haiti is and was ruled during that time and the present. This book also shows how a man that is a father and a husband can lead a double life without anyone suspecting that he is a part of the non consiousness of the haitian government. This also opens up alot of questions that intrigure you to reason and think about what you are reading.
Murraymint (05/19/05)

The Dew Breaker
This book is not engaging me at all I'm afraid.
I am 90% done with it, and can honestly say that not one character has interested me enough to want to read more about them. The links between chapters are tenuous, and the whole story feels shallow.

Sorry!
Melissa Beauvery (01/18/05)

This book will bring out emotions that you never know you posessed. Beautifully written with a powerful yet subtle ending. Excellent I feel a sequel coming involving the characters in the book. Its so moving it brings tears to your eyes. I just wish the book was longer.

Melissa Beauvery
Age : 17
Justerow (12/21/04)

A beautifully written work. Danticat is a writer that never lets you down and never end her works the way you expect.
binker (08/03/04)

The concept was good but she could have done more with it. A bit too short to get at all attached to the story.

The Search