Reader reviews and comments on Nefertiti, plus links to write your own review.

Nefertiti

May 2008, 496 pages

There are currently 4 reader reviews for Nefertiti

talira davis

nefertiti
I believe that this women had a goal in life; when she tried to make it she ended up seeing that she may fail. Her sister sees with her own eyes that her sister may fail if she keeps going in the track that she going in. This book taught me a lot. I learned from this book. This is one of the best books I ever read.
Betsy

A rich and delicious read.
Nefertiti has given me back my love for historical fiction. It has it all - wonderful story, great development of characters, vivid settings. It transports you to the time and place. I felt like I was on a barge on the Nile in ancient Egypt.
nick

whooo
I just thought the book was amazing. The fact that Nefertiti was a queen, I can just imagine.
Kim

Good Historical Fiction
If you liked The Other Boleyn Girl, you'll love this novel. It's very similar. Like Gregory's novel, Nefertiti is the story of two sisters, told from the viewpoint of the younger one. One is famous, the other unknown except to scholars. One marries a monarch, the other is swept into the political situation but would prefer to be tending her garden at peace with her husband. Nefertiti, however, is much better written and far less lurid. It's an old-fashioned historical fiction novel. I give it four stars instead of five because I felt the sense of place a bit lacking -- the author didn't draw me into ancient Egypt as much as I would have liked. It was a fun, quick read, however, and worth settling down with on a rainy afternoon.

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: A Girl is A Body of Water
    A Girl is A Body of Water
    by Jennifer Nansubuga Makumbi
    First Impressions readers were fascinated by A Girl Is a Body of Water, a riveting and nuanced novel...
    Heaven, My Home
    by Attica Locke
    Attica Locke's 2017 novel Bluebird, Bluebird introduced us to Texas Ranger Darren Mathews, who ...
  • Book Jacket: Transcendent Kingdom
    Transcendent Kingdom
    by Yaa Gyasi
    Yaa Gyasi's (pronounced "yah jessie") Transcendent Kingdom is, among other things, a meditation on ...
  • Book Jacket: We Are Not Free
    We Are Not Free
    by Traci Chee
    Author Traci Chee is best known for her young adult fantasy trilogy, The Reader series. We Are Not ...

Piranesi
    by Susanna Clarke

A new novel from the NY Times bestselling author of Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell.

Find Me
by André Aciman

The author of the worldwide bestseller Call Me by Your Name revisits its complex and beguiling characters.

Win Memorial Drive

Memorial Drive
by Natasha Trethewey

The moving, intimate story of a poet coming into her own in the wake of tragedy.

L N Take I C