- Erin Chestnutt, Beauregard Parish Library, LA.
"BookBrowse is a wonderful, easy-to-use service that provides excellent book recommendations. We love the thorough reviews, read-alikes, author interviews and reading group guides."
- Ali Birnbach, Mill Valley Public Library
"I really enjoy your website and my book club friends think I am so smart because I am so informed about books!" - Betty
"You are directly responsible for expanding my reading horizons exponentially." - Georganne
"I really enjoy receiving your newsletters - they run rings around the ones I receive from publishers and other sites." - Barbara
"We're absolutely loving BookBrowse! For the fun of it, I took a peek at our YTD usage stats and in two months, we've already seen more use of this service than many of our others in a year!"
Readers' Advisory Features
About BookBrowse For Libraries
BookBrowse offers a unique combination of readers' advisory resources and online book magazine, incorporating rich content with a user-friendly, fully searchable interface that links back to your library's OPAC. BookBrowse provides patrons with an intuitive guide to what to read next while helping busy librarians stay on top of new books. Use our pricing calculator to get an instant quote for your library
We believe that a good book does more than simply entertain - it leaves you mentally richer than when you started it. BookBrowse seeks out such gems from both established writers and first time authors - such as novels that whisk you to unfamiliar times and places, mysteries and thrillers that are more than just 'page-turners', and thought-provoking non-fiction that entertains as it informs. Although BookBrowse does not target book club members exclusively, the type of books we feature, coupled with extensive reading group resources, make us a particularly valuable destination for book club members.
BookBrowse for Libraries includes:
- Read-alike suggestions for thousands of books and authors (made by humans not computers).
- Browse and cross-reference 150+ reading lists by time period, setting, theme, and award-winners.
- In-depth reviews and "beyond the book" articles to explore aspects of each featured book in more detail (see the sample issue of The BookBrowse Review linked below for examples)
- Pre- and post-publication reviews from multiple well-known sources for over 12,000 contemporary books (each review abbreviated to the reviewer's salient opinion thus avoiding plot spoilers and repetition.)
- Excerpts, author interviews, biographies and much more to enhance the reader's experience, including a pronunciation guide for difficult author names.
- The BookBrowse Review: BookBrowse's online magazine highlighting all the newest content (with opt-in email notifications). Publishes twice monthly.
- Resources for book clubs including advice on getting started and running a book club; discussion guides searchable by genre, time period, setting and theme; and online book club discussions.
- Previews of notable books publishing soon, including available reviews from all pre-pub sources including overseas reviews where relevant (around 80-100 titles each month).
- A special early-preview edition for librarians in spreadsheet form of all books that BookBrowse will cover in the following month. An asset not just for collection development but also for librarians who want an "at a glance" guide to notable books publishing soon.
Library Subscriptions Also Include:
- On-site and remote access.
- Branding and customization for your library, including one-click links from each book to your library's OPAC.
- Free support for both librarians and patrons.
- Free posters, bookmarks and tentcards.
- A range of graphics and text links for use on your website.
- Usage stats
Download a comparison of free vs. subscription features.