- Erin Chestnutt, Beauregard Parish Library, LA.
"BookBrowse is a wonderful, easy-to-use service that provides excellent book recommendations. We love the thorough reviews, read-alikes, author interviews and reading group guides."
- Ali Birnbach, Mill Valley Public Library
"I really enjoy your website and my book club friends think I am so smart because I am so informed about books!" - Betty
"You are directly responsible for expanding my reading horizons exponentially." - Georganne
"I really enjoy receiving your newsletters - they run rings around the ones I receive from publishers and other sites." - Barbara
"We're absolutely loving BookBrowse! For the fun of it, I took a peek at our YTD usage stats and in two months, we've already seen more use of this service than many of our others in a year!"
We believe that good books do more than just engage us with compelling stories, they offer us windows into the lives of others or a mirror to reflect on our own life - so that when we turn that last page we know something about the world or ourselves we did not before. BookBrowse seeks out these exceptional books from first time authors and established writers, both fiction and nonfiction. Then we provide our visitors with all the information they need to decide which are just right for them.
Find out how we got started and how we grew (opens in new window)
BookBrowse for Libraries
Some of BookBrowse's content is available for free but full access is only for subscribers. Subscriptions are available in two forms - individual subscriptions and subscriptions for libraries that enable all patrons and librarians to access BookBrowse, both in the library and by RPA.
powerful readers' advisory resources with a twice monthly online magazine to keep readers up to date with the best of what's new in the world of books. BookBrowse is user-friendly, fully searchable and links back to your library's OPAC.
Although BookBrowse is not exclusively for book clubs, the type of books we feature, coupled with extensive reading group resources, make us a particularly valuable destination for book club members.
A comparison of free versus subscription features is linked from the bottom of this page. You can use our pricing calculator to get an instant quote for your library.
- Read-alike suggestions for thousands of authors and books, both fiction and nonfiction. Readalikes are created by hand, not computer algorithm, based on the book's story, character, setting and language.
- Browse for recommended books by genre, time period, geographical setting, award winners and a wide range of themes; cross reference multiple categories, e.g. setting + time period + theme.
- In-depth reviews and "beyond the book" articles to explore aspects of each featured book in more detail (see the sample issue of The BookBrowse Review linked below for examples)
- Pre- and post-publication reviews from multiple well-known sources for over 12,000 contemporary books (each review abbreviated to the reviewer's salient opinion thus avoiding plot spoilers and repetition.)
- A substantial excerpt of each featured book so that visitors can browse for themselves and decide which are right for them. Plus author interviews, biographies, and a pronunciation guide for difficult author names.
- The BookBrowse Review: BookBrowse's online magazine highlighting all the newest content (with opt-in email notifications). Publishes twice monthly.
- Resources for book clubs including advice on getting started and running a book club; discussion guides searchable by genre, time period, setting and theme; and online book club discussions.
- Previews of notable books publishing soon, including available reviews from all available pre-pub sources (around 80-100 titles previewed each month).
- A special early-preview edition for librarians (in spreadsheet form including ISBN, page count etc with links to summary and reviews) of all books that BookBrowse will cover in the following month. An asset not just for collection development but also for librarians who want an "at a glance" guide to notable books publishing soon.
- Plus fun literary quizzes, giveaways and games.
Library Subscriptions Also Include:
- On-site and remote access.
- Branding and customization for your library, including one-click links from each book to your library's OPAC.
- Free support for both librarians and patrons.
- Free posters, bookmarks and tentcards.
- A range of graphics and text links for use on your website.
- Usage stats
Download a comparison of free vs. subscription features.