FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
[xxx] Library Announces New Book
Recommendation Service: BookBrowse.com
[Location, Date]: Patrons of
[xxxx] Library now have free access to BookBrowse.com, a leading book recommendation and review website, thanks to a subscription taken out by [xxxx] Library.
BookBrowse seeks out books that tell you something about the world you didn't before. Such as novels that whisk you to unfamiliar times and places, thrillers that are more than just 'page-turners', and thought-provoking non-fiction that entertains as it informs.
Some of BookBrowse's content is publicly available, but a number of premium
features are accessible only by subscription. [xxxx] cardholders can now use their library card to access members-only content by
visiting ""[specific info for accessing BookBrowse from individual library - suggest using bookbrowse "quicklink" that has been set up for you] or
Here are a few highlights of what BookBrowse has to offer:
- In depth reviews that focus on the characters, themes, writing style, and the overall experience of reading the book. We tell you why we chose it, and why we think you might like it.
- "Beyond the Book" backstores that explore factual aspects relevant to each book.
- More than 200 recommended reading lists, by genre, time period, setting, award winners, and a wide range of themes.
- Handpicked "if you liked this, try these" recommendations for over 2500 books and 2000 authors.
- Rich information and guidance for book clubs, including advice on starting and running a club, recommended books, reading guides, interviews with book clubs, and book discussions.
- Fun quizzes, book news, polls, author interviews and book giveaways.
- All books link directly to ""[xxxx] Library's catalog so you can check availability with one click!
Library Director [xxxx]
says, "We are excited to be able to offer BookBrowse to our patrons because
[your quote – see below for example quotes
used in the past]
Founded in 1998, BookBrowse.com provides book reviews and recommendations to
over 100,000 unique visitors each week. The site is targeted at avid readers (81% of
visitors read 3+ books each month, 45% read 6+) who want to read more than just
the same old bestsellers that everyone else is reading but do not have the time
or inclination to wade through warehouse-sized bookstores or huge online
databases to find their next great read. Some of BookBrowse's content is
publicly available, but many premium features are accessible only by
About [Library Name]
[Info about your library]
BookBrowse.com: Davina Morgan-Witts, Founder & Executive Editor, (408) 867-6500 (direct)
Example quotes others have used in the past:
We're excited to be able to offer BookBrowse to our patrons because it's
so easy to use, and filled with such great content. Because patrons can also
access it outside of the library, it's the next best thing to having your own
BookBrowse makes it easy and fun to find that next great read , and then
reserve it at [your library's name] with just a few clicks. I love using
BookBrowse, and we know our patrons will, too.