Reading Guide Questions
Please be aware that this discussion guide may contain spoilers!
- Which of the characters was your favorite? Why?
- Discuss any themes in the novel that were particularly resonant for you. Were there any motifs, images, or symbols through which these themes manifested themselves?
- Which if any of the central characters experienced an epiphany? Select a passage in the novel that you believe is pivotal to a character's development.
- Is the setting of the novel integral to its narrative? Would it have been just as effective if the novel's backdrop had been different? Are you drawn to novels set in a particular time or place? Elaborate.
- Did you become attached to characters in the novel? Did they possess traits reminiscent of people you've encountered in your own life?
Copyright © 2002 by Allen Kurzweil. All Rights Reserved.
Unless otherwise stated, this discussion guide is reprinted with the permission of Hyperion.
Any page references refer to a USA edition of the book, usually the trade paperback version, and may vary in other editions.