Reading Guide Questions
Please be aware that this discussion guide may contain spoilers!
- What is up with the pigeons? What kind of new kick is Lisa on? Why
does she tells us so damn much about pigeons? Will she ever shut about
pigeons? Does this matter to plot or character at all? Hint: Lisa is far
smarter than she looks. Or acts.
- Should this book start on Chapter Two? Would we like it better? No
hints. I really want to know what you think.
- Was Pigeon Tony right to do what he did? Would you have? Do you
understand? Do you love/ hate the flashbacks?
- Why is Judy the star of this book? Is she good/bad/better/worse than
other Scottoline heroines? Do you like her? Does it matter if you do?
- What about the Tonys? Are they in there for purpose or just wacky?
What could possibly be the purpose? Should Judy trespass in the
junkyard? Can you spell sfogatelle?
- How hunky is Frank? Does someone named Frank automatically come out
hunky or is just me? Is it relevant that Frank is my father's name? Or
is this just plain sick?
- Are the Coluzzi's, the Tonys, Frank and Pigeon Tony Italian
stereotypes? Does it matter? Why? Does the Italian-ness of these
characters matter, or is Lisa just trying to make a point about identity
to further characterize her already sensational characterizations?
- Like the courtroom scenes or are you bored? Agree with the verdict or
not? How would you have voted if you were on the jury?
- How many Scottoline characters are owned by golden retrievers?
Unless otherwise stated, this discussion guide is reprinted with the permission of HarperTorch.
Any page references refer to a USA edition of the book, usually the trade paperback version, and may vary in other editions.