Reading Guide Questions
Please be aware that this discussion guide may contain spoilers!
- How did the explosive worldwide social movements of 1968 make that year unique?
- What was the international impact of the civil rights movement on the events of 1968?
- What progress or setbacks have there been in the status of women since that time?
- How did television influence that year's events?
- How does the mass media of today differ from 1968's?
- What was the global significance of the Prague Spring?
- What events of 1968 would not occur today?
- How is it that such a tragic year arouses nostalgia in so many people?
- Was the world a better place before 1968, or do you feel there have been changes for the better since that year?
- What lessons might we learn from the events of 1968?
Unless otherwise stated, this discussion guide is reprinted with the permission of Random House.
Any page references refer to a USA edition of the book, usually the trade paperback version, and may vary in other editions.