Reader reviews and comments on Tears of The Giraffe, plus links to write your own review.

Tears of The Giraffe

by Alexander McCall Smith

Tears of The Giraffe by Alexander McCall Smith X
Tears of The Giraffe by Alexander McCall Smith

• Paperback:
    Sep 2001, 208 pages

There are currently 6 reader reviews for Tears of The Giraffe

Alan Koval

An enjoyable and fun read .... very uplifting. A total delight and I can't wait to read the rest of the series
Michael Fine

After returning from a week in Botswana's Okavango Delta, I was desperate to continue the connection and was delighted to read two of Alexander McCall Smith's Mma Ramotswe novels. They do the heart good as the right triumphs in a particularly sweet way. The writing is elegant, graceful and as unpretentious as the lady detective. I await the delivery of the third book and the rest of the series as it develops.
Anne

A delightful view of life as it is in today's Africa. This lovely mystery is enhanced by the believablity of the characters and the plot. A totally unique read for the Western mind. Look for the next book in the series.
CEB

Perhaps not the best book for a college course, I must say. A great book for a fast read however (I read it in a few hours one Sunday) and entertaining. A refreshing story that puts morals back into American minds. NOT for those looking to challenge themselves.
reader

pathetic, childish, simplistic
Eamon

This book is garbage. I was forced to read it for a college geography class, and I was astounded to find that a writer with such a poor grasp of realistic dialogue could get published, let alone win awards. Pedantic, repetative and unimaginative, this novel is worthy or neither the money it took to buy it nor the lighter fluid it took to burn it. Spare yourself the disappointment and read something decent. (If this book was intended for children, disregard this review. The fault then lies with my professor for assigning the drivel in the first place.)

• Book Jacket: Little Fires Everywhere
    Little Fires Everywhere
    by Celeste Ng
    Voted 2017 Best Fiction by BookBrowse's Subscribers

Small towns, big drama. Acclaimed author ...
  • Book Jacket: La Belle Sauvage
    La Belle Sauvage
    by Philip Pullman
    Voted 2017 Best Young Adult Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

I wasn't quite sure what to expect ...
  • Book Jacket: Killers of the Flower Moon
    Killers of the Flower Moon
    by David Grann
    Voted 2017 Best Nonfiction by BookBrowse's Subscribers

The long, sorrowful list of injustices done ...
  • Book Jacket: The Dry
    The Dry
    by Jane Harper
    Voted 2017 Best Debut Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

After receiving a letter from his childhood...

History of Wolves by Emily Fridlund