Reader reviews and comments on Tears of The Giraffe, plus links to write your own review.

Tears of The Giraffe

by Alexander McCall Smith

Tears of The Giraffe by Alexander McCall Smith X
Tears of The Giraffe by Alexander McCall Smith

• Paperback:
    Sep 2001, 208 pages

There are currently 6 reader reviews for Tears of The Giraffe

Alan Koval

An enjoyable and fun read .... very uplifting. A total delight and I can't wait to read the rest of the series
Michael Fine

After returning from a week in Botswana's Okavango Delta, I was desperate to continue the connection and was delighted to read two of Alexander McCall Smith's Mma Ramotswe novels. They do the heart good as the right triumphs in a particularly sweet way. The writing is elegant, graceful and as unpretentious as the lady detective. I await the delivery of the third book and the rest of the series as it develops.
Anne

A delightful view of life as it is in today's Africa. This lovely mystery is enhanced by the believablity of the characters and the plot. A totally unique read for the Western mind. Look for the next book in the series.
CEB

Perhaps not the best book for a college course, I must say. A great book for a fast read however (I read it in a few hours one Sunday) and entertaining. A refreshing story that puts morals back into American minds. NOT for those looking to challenge themselves.
reader

pathetic, childish, simplistic
Eamon

This book is garbage. I was forced to read it for a college geography class, and I was astounded to find that a writer with such a poor grasp of realistic dialogue could get published, let alone win awards. Pedantic, repetative and unimaginative, this novel is worthy or neither the money it took to buy it nor the lighter fluid it took to burn it. Spare yourself the disappointment and read something decent. (If this book was intended for children, disregard this review. The fault then lies with my professor for assigning the drivel in the first place.)

• Book Jacket: The Adults
    The Adults
    by Caroline Hulse
    Things have already fallen apart on the first page of The Adults. The novel opens with an emergency ...
  • Book Jacket: News of Our Loved Ones
    News of Our Loved Ones
    by Abigail DeWitt
    The Delasalle family of Abigail DeWitt's News of Our Loved Ones are no strangers to the dark specter...
  • Book Jacket: My Sister, the Serial Killer
    My Sister, the Serial Killer
    by Oyinkan Braithwaite
    While the title of the novel gives away the plot, My Sister, the Serial Killer is essentially a ...
  • Book Jacket: Once Upon a River
    Once Upon a River
    by Diane Setterfield
    The novel is set in Radcot in the late 19th century, where a popular gathering place called the ...

Force of Nature
by Jane Harper

As atmospheric, tense, and explosive as her New York Times bestselling debut, The Dry!

At the Wolf's Table
    by Rosella Postorino

The internationally bestselling novel about the women conscripted to be Hitler's food tasters.

Win Uncommon Type

Uncommon Type
by Tom Hanks

Surprising, intelligent, heartwarming, and a must-have for Tom Hanks fans!

Tell I T T M