Reader reviews and comments on Tears of The Giraffe, plus links to write your own review.

Tears of The Giraffe

by Alexander McCall Smith

Tears of The Giraffe by Alexander McCall Smith X
Tears of The Giraffe by Alexander McCall Smith

• Paperback:
    Sep 2001, 208 pages

There are currently 6 reader reviews for Tears of The Giraffe

Alan Koval

An enjoyable and fun read .... very uplifting. A total delight and I can't wait to read the rest of the series
Michael Fine

After returning from a week in Botswana's Okavango Delta, I was desperate to continue the connection and was delighted to read two of Alexander McCall Smith's Mma Ramotswe novels. They do the heart good as the right triumphs in a particularly sweet way. The writing is elegant, graceful and as unpretentious as the lady detective. I await the delivery of the third book and the rest of the series as it develops.
Anne

A delightful view of life as it is in today's Africa. This lovely mystery is enhanced by the believablity of the characters and the plot. A totally unique read for the Western mind. Look for the next book in the series.
CEB

Perhaps not the best book for a college course, I must say. A great book for a fast read however (I read it in a few hours one Sunday) and entertaining. A refreshing story that puts morals back into American minds. NOT for those looking to challenge themselves.
reader

pathetic, childish, simplistic
Eamon

This book is garbage. I was forced to read it for a college geography class, and I was astounded to find that a writer with such a poor grasp of realistic dialogue could get published, let alone win awards. Pedantic, repetative and unimaginative, this novel is worthy or neither the money it took to buy it nor the lighter fluid it took to burn it. Spare yourself the disappointment and read something decent. (If this book was intended for children, disregard this review. The fault then lies with my professor for assigning the drivel in the first place.)

• Book Jacket: Women Talking
    Women Talking
    by Miriam Toews
    Miriam Toews' Women Talking is a circadian novel, unfolding over a span of just a few hours and ...
  • Book Jacket: Confessions of an Innocent Man
    Confessions of an Innocent Man
    by David R. Dow
    It is circumstance that carries the wave that sweeps trendy Houston restaurateur Rafael Zhettah to ...
  • Book Jacket: Memories of the Future
    Memories of the Future
    by Siri Hustvedt
    I've never kept a journal, but my mother has written in hers for years, the annual volumes she's ...
  • Book Jacket: Professor Chandra Follows His Bliss
    Professor Chandra Follows His Bliss
    by Rajeev Balasubramanyam
    Rajeev Balasubramanyam encapsulates the theme of Professor Chandra Follows his Bliss in its first ...

When We Left Cuba
    by Chanel Cleeton

An exhilarating historical novel from the author of Next Year in Havana, a Reese Witherspoon Book Club pick.

The Affairs of the Falcóns
    by Melissa Rivero

A beautiful, urgent novel about the lengths one woman is willing to go to build a new life.

Book Club
An American Marriage
by Tayari Jones

A masterpiece of storytelling, and a 2018 Oprah's Book Club Selection.

Book Club Giveaway!
Win Ecstasy

Win copies to share with friends or your book club!

Ecstasy reveals the true Alma Mahler: composer, author, daughter, mother, wife, lover, and muse.

A B Penny A T U