Reader reviews and comments on Tears of The Giraffe, plus links to write your own review.

Tears of The Giraffe

by Alexander McCall Smith

Tears of The Giraffe by Alexander McCall Smith X
Tears of The Giraffe by Alexander McCall Smith

• Paperback:
    Sep 2001, 208 pages

There are currently 6 reader reviews for Tears of The Giraffe

Alan Koval

An enjoyable and fun read .... very uplifting. A total delight and I can't wait to read the rest of the series
Michael Fine

After returning from a week in Botswana's Okavango Delta, I was desperate to continue the connection and was delighted to read two of Alexander McCall Smith's Mma Ramotswe novels. They do the heart good as the right triumphs in a particularly sweet way. The writing is elegant, graceful and as unpretentious as the lady detective. I await the delivery of the third book and the rest of the series as it develops.
Anne

A delightful view of life as it is in today's Africa. This lovely mystery is enhanced by the believablity of the characters and the plot. A totally unique read for the Western mind. Look for the next book in the series.
CEB

Perhaps not the best book for a college course, I must say. A great book for a fast read however (I read it in a few hours one Sunday) and entertaining. A refreshing story that puts morals back into American minds. NOT for those looking to challenge themselves.
reader

pathetic, childish, simplistic
Eamon

This book is garbage. I was forced to read it for a college geography class, and I was astounded to find that a writer with such a poor grasp of realistic dialogue could get published, let alone win awards. Pedantic, repetative and unimaginative, this novel is worthy or neither the money it took to buy it nor the lighter fluid it took to burn it. Spare yourself the disappointment and read something decent. (If this book was intended for children, disregard this review. The fault then lies with my professor for assigning the drivel in the first place.)

• Book Jacket: The Electric Woman
    The Electric Woman
    by Tessa Fontaine
  • Book Jacket: The Female Persuasion
    The Female Persuasion
    by Meg Wolitzer
    A college freshman struggling for identity. A 1960s feminist icon attempting to maintain her ...
  • Book Jacket: A Lucky Man
    A Lucky Man
    by Jamel Brinkley
    If his debut collection of short stories, A Lucky Man is any indicator, Jamel Brinkley is poised on ...
  • Book Jacket: Picture Us In The Light
    Picture Us In The Light
    by Kelly Loy Gilbert
    Kelly Loy Gilbert presents a beautiful narrative with myriad intertwined plotlines that explores the...

Harbor of Spies by Robin Lloyd

A captivating thriller-at-sea set in Spanish colonial Havana in the 1860s.

Eternal Life
    by Dara Horn

The award-winning author returns with an ingenious novel about what it would mean to live forever.

Win The Comedown