Reader reviews and comments on The Summons, plus links to write your own review.

The Summons

Dec 2002, 384 pages

There are currently 50 reader reviews for The Summons

Mike

Mississippi
Like many of John Grisham's fine novels this story meanders along like the great Mississippi then ends with the rapids.
Kay

The Summons
What I liked best about this Grisham book was that Ray was SO human; scared, can't shoot a gun, not sure what to do. So many of Grisham's heros are so smart, physically fit, etc. that they feel like fiction, but Ray was someone I can relate to. He was real. Also, haven't you ever wondered what you would do if you suddenly came across 3 million and had to hide it? Loved it!
Spencer

An exciting legal thriller
I really enjoyed this book and would strongly recommend it. It had a great plot and a great ending. Once again, excellent job Mr. Grisham!
Ashlee

This book was great I'm 17 and just love each and every one of Grisham's book however this one is among my favorites. The build up to the end was exciting, and suspenseful. The book was very well written and I would recommend it to anyone who likes thrillers with a bit of mystery.

Totally awesome after I read this book I really love John Grisham's books. I am 16 and now love his books.
Erin

The book was full of detail which made it easy reading. The end has a twist so read it and find out the mystery yourself!
Matt

I'm 16 years old, but I read the book when I was 14 and I remember it being quite enjoyable like most of Mr. Grisham's books. Though I do agree that it starts of quite slow, but I myself it was worth the wait because it was highly climatic at the end. I highly recommend it to readers of all ages above 13. It was one the the more entertaining books I have read.
Mary

I am 16 and I thought that this book was awesome! I started out really good with Ray finding the money and it got exciting at the end which made it go fast!

• Book Jacket: And The Ocean Was Our Sky
    An Absolutely Remarkable Thing
    by Hank Green

Unsheltered
by Barbara Kingsolver

A timely novel that explores the human capacity for resiliency and compassion.

The Kinship of Secrets
    by Eugenia Kim

Paris Echo
    by Sebastian Faulks

A story of resistance, complicity, and an unlikely, transformative friendship.

Win Severance