Reader reviews and comments on Under Fire, plus links to write your own review.

Under Fire

A Corps Novels

by W.E.B. Griffin

Under Fire by W.E.B. Griffin

Jan 2002, 544 pages
    Jan 2003, 736 pages

There are currently 9 reader reviews for Under Fire

Joe Melancon (06/26/04)

Text I am 75 and I was in Korea in the time frame of this book and I found it very enjoyable, I could almost believe I was there with McCoy in Korea!!
G. R. Stephens I (03/05/03)

I find it mind boggling that no other reviewers have made light of an obvious gaffe. The author is a stickler for dates and times. However book VIII ends in 1943, with a lot of unfinished plots. Book IX picks up 7 yrs later. After a book about WWII has made McArthur's return a major focal point and to leave us hanging about the final years of the war is an affront to all us readers who have followed this series these many years. This is bizarre but what is more bizarre is that no one is questioning so obvious an error. To read so-called reviewers gushing praise about a book that leaves out the end final 2 yrs of the WWII and then starts up in the Korean War is alarming. I guess you can still fool some of the people all of the time.
Chris (11/26/02)

I found this book to be very entertaining and hard to put down. I was a little distressed to jump from the Gobi Desert in his last book to the Korean War. I also wish he had included the stories of other characters from his previous books that we've gotten to know. While I thoroughly enjoyed this book, I don't think it was quite a good as some of his previous books in this series.
Cpl. B (11/03/02)

Griff's writing is mesmorizing. The action never stops and neither does the quality of his writing. Once he gets going he keeps you on the edge of your seat and makes you beg for more. Under Fire is a book you just don't want to put down!!!
chris (11/03/02)

I thought the book was very good, however it left out some of my favorite characters from the previous books. The story was good ,although a little slow in the beginning as far as action goes. I hope Mr. Griffin continues this story because he does it so well, and as a former Marine it is a subject of which I will never tire. Semper Fi .
josh (09/10/02)

WEB Griffin has done it again. He made another top selling book. I say that they should make movies out of the corps. I bet if he tryed he would make it.
A. Tonry (07/20/02)

I found it to be an excellent book. a litttle slow on the start but definitily worth wading into. I hope that WEB is going to add to all of his series stories.
Anonymous (05/27/02)

it was good. kinda different from the athers.

• Book Jacket: Hunger