Reader reviews and comments on Violets Are Blue, plus links to write your own review.

Violets Are Blue

An Alex Cross Thriller

by James Patterson

Violets Are Blue by James Patterson

Nov 2001, 400 pages
    Sep 2002, 416 pages

There are currently 11 reader reviews for Violets Are Blue

DeAnna (04/26/10)

violets are blue. awesome book
I thought this book was amazing. I enjoyed it so so much it had a lot of detail and I love mystery books and this book made you want to keep reading more... I definitely think everyone should read this book if you enjoy mysteries.
melace112 (01/12/06)

Enjoyable, but not like roses are red
This was great, but I am a little let down when I compare it to roses are red. This was a little gorey for me and also a bit tedious with detail. Just took too long for Alex to figure out who did it, especially since we have known the criminal since roses are red. Still liked it a lot and want to read more by patterson.
Suzi (02/26/05)

James Patterson is too straightforward. The book was dull but if your into the genre you may like it.
Shauna (06/17/04)

I've read several James Patterson books, mostly Alex Cross ones. Violets are Blue is the creepiest one yet of them all! It was great, I couldn't put it down until it was done!
Andy Crome (06/09/04)

This was the first book i read by James Patterson and now im on my 3rd. Violets are Blue is the best iv read so far though they are all good, especially Pop Goes the Weasel. Violets are blue is a great read and i promise you wont be able to put it down as its so exciting.
Dustin (11/19/03)

I thought this book was great. once i got into this book it was hard for me to put it down. I suggest this book for middle school students and up. so all together this is a great book READ IT!!!
Jerry Goldman (11/15/02)

This is a really great story. The characters are well drawn and compelling. The plot does'nt move too fast or too slow. And most of all the concept is really fresh although I don't want to ruin the story for anyone all I can say is that the ending is surprising. For anyone who enjoys a sense of mystery I recommend this novel, also I would recommend Paul Omeziri's Descent into Illusion, on of the best novels ever.
Annastasia (10/23/02)

I really enjoyed the book .. I found it very hard to put it down. I must say "Roses are Red" was much more true to life , however this book kept you on the egde.. very suspense filled!!!

All Tomorrow's Parties
    by Rob Spillman
  • Book Jacket: Strangers in Their Own Land
    Strangers in Their Own Land
    by Arlie Russell Hochschild
  • Book Jacket: The Dry
    The Dry
    by Jane Harper
    After receiving a letter from his childhood friend's father, Aaron Falk, a Melbourne police officer ...

The Sellout
by Paul Beatty

The first book by an American author to win the prestigious Man Booker Prize.

The Fifth Petal
    by Brunonia Barry

Caught in the Revolution
    by Helen Rappaport

A classic is a book that has never finished saying what it has to say

K Your F C