Reader reviews and comments on True Believer, plus links to write your own review.

True Believer

Sep 2002, 272 pages

There are currently 26 reader reviews for True Believer

Dont Want 2 Say

True Believer by Virginia Euwer Wolff
This is a book about a confused 15 year old girl. She explains what like is like through her eyes. I like that and I think a lot of teens go through this nowadays. Good job Virginia Euwer Wolff!! Love it :)
*Priscilla*

true believer
*I LOVED this book!!!* I have actually read it twice but I had read it 3 years ago and I could not remember the title, all I remembered was that I really liked it so when I got the title I checked it out right away and read it and it was even better. I stayed up nights to finish as many chapters as I could!!! i gave it a five because Lavaughn's problems seemed realistic to me especially because she was my age. The only thing that threw me off like many people was Jody, Is he gay or not!?!? Does anybody know when the next book comes out????
Miss Lopez

wow
This book called true believer was really great for me..... Not only as a teenager and living in a small town but this book was really awesome just by reading you could picture everything that was happening [spoilers removed - ed] But what happened to the rose that he gave her? I really wanna know what did he write to her....... I like the ending.........
LALALA

This was an amazing book, it really made me see what life can be like for people who live in such poor conditions. The thing that confused me was whether or not Jody is gay, that note on the flowers confused the hell out of me. When he kissed her under the table at her party I wasn't sure if it was an appology and that he WAS gay or if he was saying that he loved her and WASNT gay. That expensive book he gave her could have also carried the same message. I read True believer before I read Make Lemonade and I enjoyed this book more because I am a complete romance novel fanatic and this book held a nice amount of it and it also made you think. BUT WILL SOMEONE PLEASE TELLL IF HE'S GAY OR NOT!!!!!!!!!!
lalalalala, 14, BC
Anonymous

Katie

this book was one of the best i've ever read! Somehow Virginia understands everything I and teens like me go through, how does she do it! I've read all the books by her and I cant wait till the 3rd book about LaVaughn!! She is a superb author and I HIGHLY recomend her, especially to teens!!
savonnah

Wow this book was really good. It was well written and thought out. THe only confussinf part was with Jody. Is he gay or not? If he is he would still make a great friend for LaVaughn. Is there a third book coming out or what???
Erica

i loved this book!
Kirsten

I loved this book. I could really relate to the way La Vaughn felt and I thought Wolff's use of stream of consciousness to convey thoughts a feelings was brilliant. I also read Make Lemonade and loved it. I can't wait until the third book comes out. Does anyone know when it is supposed to be published?

Grace