Reader reviews and comments on True Believer, plus links to write your own review.

by Virginia Euwer Wolff

Feb 2001, 272 pages
    Sep 2002, 272 pages

There are currently 26 reader reviews for True Believer

Dont Want 2 Say (03/15/12)

True Believer by Virginia Euwer Wolff
This is a book about a confused 15 year old girl. She explains what like is like through her eyes. I like that and I think a lot of teens go through this nowadays. Good job Virginia Euwer Wolff!! Love it :)
Caitlin (04/14/10)

True Believer
This book is amazing! At first, Jody and LaVaughn seem like the cutest thing ever! The dance, all the cute events, but then came chapter 61. I got so immensely confused, that I had to ask, Is Jody gay? I am so confused because of the note and everything! Please share! Thank you :)
taa (02/18/08)

true believer
Well to be real at first I did not really want to read this book it did not really seem interesting but I started to get into it and it got better and I loved it. It tells about a teenagers life and if you ask me its something most people go through I mean you're going to have your ups and downs in life. Well I'm out.
*Priscilla* (12/14/07)

true believer
*I LOVED this book!!!* I have actually read it twice but I had read it 3 years ago and I could not remember the title, all I remembered was that I really liked it so when I got the title I checked it out right away and read it and it was even better. I stayed up nights to finish as many chapters as I could!!! i gave it a five because Lavaughn's problems seemed realistic to me especially because she was my age. The only thing that threw me off like many people was Jody, Is he gay or not!?!? Does anybody know when the next book comes out????
Miss Lopez (02/02/07)

This book called true believer was really great for me..... Not only as a teenager and living in a small town but this book was really awesome just by reading you could picture everything that was happening [spoilers removed - ed] But what happened to the rose that he gave her? I really wanna know what did he write to her....... I like the ending.........
Ahmed (04/08/06)

True Believer
I personally think that True Believer is a powerful book for all the teenagers. The way Virginia Wolff described the ideas and believes of the teens, it is absolutely great! I seriously recommend everyone to read this book. As you can see the different perspects of life a teenager go through. This is the message she is trying to give across and she has emphasised on because it tells you that teen life is not easy. I read the first review by LALALA and I think that he is right. [edited to remove plotspoiler]. The other thing that will attract you to read this book is that it is not written in a formal writing, the writing is more friendly and informal which is easy to understand. So I think everyone should read this book because it made me believe in the possibility of anything which you don't expect.
LALALA (12/22/04)

This was an amazing book, it really made me see what life can be like for people who live in such poor conditions. The thing that confused me was whether or not Jody is gay, that note on the flowers confused the hell out of me. When he kissed her under the table at her party I wasn't sure if it was an appology and that he WAS gay or if he was saying that he loved her and WASNT gay. That expensive book he gave her could have also carried the same message. I read True believer before I read Make Lemonade and I enjoyed this book more because I am a complete romance novel fanatic and this book held a nice amount of it and it also made you think. BUT WILL SOMEONE PLEASE TELLL IF HE'S GAY OR NOT!!!!!!!!!!
lalalalala, 14, BC
Anonymous (11/30/04)

this book was one of the best i've ever read! Somehow Virginia understands everything I and teens like me go through, how does she do it! I've read all the books by her and I cant wait till the 3rd book about LaVaughn!! She is a superb author and I HIGHLY recomend her, especially to teens!!

• Book Jacket: Of Arms and Artists
    Of Arms and Artists
    by Paul Staiti
  • Book Jacket: So Say the Fallen
    So Say the Fallen
    by Stuart Neville

The Comet Seekers
    by Helen Sedgwick

A magical, intoxicating debut novel, both intimate and epic.