Reader reviews and comments on Tis, plus links to write your own review.

Tis

Aug 2000, 368 pages

There are currently 16 reader reviews for Tis

Mia Torres

My inspiration
This book is amazing. Frank, tells the tale so incredibly well. I felt like I was in the story with him. He's a great inspiration to me, as well as many other people. He will be greatly missed :)
katrina mccleary

I have read this book and Frank McCourts other book approx 10 times each. His books are so heart wrenching that you feel so bad that you as the reader is not there to help Frank and his mother through their poverty. I felt as though I was there in those pages as I read this book and feel as though I know Franks family. I would recommend this book to anyone as it is the most heart felt book I have ever read in my life, it is not common to reduce a grown woman to tears through a book, but i was in tears on several occassions. I wounder what Frank is up to today and if he keeps in touch with his brothers? I would love another book from Frank to be published, a follow on from Tis.
Susan

hearing of all the sufferings of frank and his mother and brothers touches the heart. the way he expresses his feelings made me feel for him and wish i was there to comfort him as this is a heart wrenching story which all should read
skp

Franks' struggles and abitions are an inspiration. To come from poverty to emotional riches. This is a must read!!
ann

great job frank!
timothy hill

Me, I'm just wondering how Frank McCourt is, what's left of him!
Tis twas a masterful book, no doubt.
Wishing the grand fellow would tell us more, right?
Katiemay

Frank McCourt did a wonderfully job of writing honestly. It twas truly a tragic account of his life that makes you wish you were there to comfort him
Amy Vilay

The auther did a superb job expressing all his inner thoughts, i enjoyed it.

• Book Jacket: Let It Bang
    by Hank Green
  • Book Jacket: Waiting for Eden
    Waiting for Eden
    by Elliot Ackerman
    Elliot Ackerman's latest novel, Waiting for Eden, follows Marine Eden Malcom as his death ...

Unsheltered
by Barbara Kingsolver

A timely novel that explores the human capacity for resiliency and compassion.

The Kinship of Secrets
    by Eugenia Kim

A Ladder to the Sky
    by John Boyne

A seductive, unputdownable psychodrama following one brilliant, ruthless man.

Win Strangers in Budapest

Strangers in Budapest

A couple trying to make a new life in a foreign land find themselves drawn into a cultural and generational vendetta.

I Ain't O U T F L S