Reader reviews and comments on Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress, plus links to write your own review.

Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress

by Dai Sijie

Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress by Dai Sijie X
Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress by Dai Sijie

Sep 2001, 208 pages
    Oct 2002, 208 pages

There are currently 36 reader reviews for Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress

wierdo cheerleader01

awesome!!!!!!!!
Wow... best book ever written lol:) This is a really good book...all I have to say is give it a try...don't judge a book by its cover!!!
-peace
Akumu

Amazing
That was probably the best book I've read in a while.

I love it and highly recommend it.

I found out about this book from my summer book report, along with having to read another book, Peace Like a River.

"Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress" is awesome.
Antoinette-Marie

Words and Books
A small jewel, this book, I read it in French and enjoyed the language. The story made me realize how a revolution against intellectuals affected their every day life, how owning or reading "books" could endangered their daily life, how also a book could tranform a life (the seamstress) and how a"book" becomes your daily bread, your breathing space.
Sywe

unbelievebull!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wonderfull!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i am out of words....................just beautiful.i read it many many times.
JP

This is a great book for all who love Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon or any other Chinese tragedies. The ending tears at your soul. Definitely one of the most gripping books I've ever read.
NIna

THIS IS THE THE BEST BOOK EVER! I SUGGEST IT TO EVERYONE TO READ!
amy

Hi, I'm 15, and I love this book! I agree with the other reviews that this story stunningly brings light and life to the dark harsh times of China. There's just one thing that upset me about this novel, and it was that i didnt understand the last passage, what did that mean??? I kind of have the main idea, but I am not quite sure. All and all, can't wait till the movie comes out. =)
Audrius Siupienius

This book is really good because it reveals one of the darkest Chinese history page in true feelings which were experienced by the author of this book.

• Book Jacket: Educated
    Educated
    by Tara Westover
    Voted 2018 Best Nonfiction Award Winner by BookBrowse Subscribers

Tara Westover had the kind of ...
  • Book Jacket: Circe
    Circe
    by Madeline Miller
    Voted 2018 Best Fiction Award Winner by BookBrowse Subscribers

Towards the end of Madeline Miller...
  • Book Jacket: Children of Blood and Bone
    Children of Blood and Bone
    by Tomi Adeyemi
    Voted 2018 Best Young Adult Award Winner by BookBrowse Subscribers

What would you do if, in a ...
  • Book Jacket: Where the Crawdads Sing
    Where the Crawdads Sing
    by Delia Owens
    Voted 2018 Best Debut Novel Award Winner by BookBrowse Subscribers

Where the Crawdads Sing was a ...

Code Girls
by Liza Mundy

The riveting story of the USA's courageous and accomplished WWII female American code breakers.

Listen to the Marriage
    by John Jay Osborn

The story of a couple in trouble and an exploration of the obstacles we put in our own way.

Win The 7 ½ Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle

The 7 ½ Deaths of
Evelyn Hardcastle

"Agatha Christie meets Groundhog Day...quite unlike anything I've ever read." - A. J. Finn

The Big Holiday Wordplay: $400+ in Prizes