Reader reviews and comments on Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress, plus links to write your own review.

Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress

by Dai Sijie

Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress by Dai Sijie X
Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress by Dai Sijie

Sep 2001, 208 pages
    Oct 2002, 208 pages

There are currently 36 reader reviews for Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress

wierdo cheerleader01

Wow... best book ever written lol:) This is a really good book...all I have to say is give it a try...don't judge a book by its cover!!!

That was probably the best book I've read in a while.

I love it and highly recommend it.

I found out about this book from my summer book report, along with having to read another book, Peace Like a River.

"Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress" is awesome.

Words and Books
A small jewel, this book, I read it in French and enjoyed the language. The story made me realize how a revolution against intellectuals affected their every day life, how owning or reading "books" could endangered their daily life, how also a book could tranform a life (the seamstress) and how a"book" becomes your daily bread, your breathing space.

wonderfull!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i am out of words....................just beautiful.i read it many many times.

This is a great book for all who love Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon or any other Chinese tragedies. The ending tears at your soul. Definitely one of the most gripping books I've ever read.

Hi, I'm 15, and I love this book! I agree with the other reviews that this story stunningly brings light and life to the dark harsh times of China. There's just one thing that upset me about this novel, and it was that i didnt understand the last passage, what did that mean??? I kind of have the main idea, but I am not quite sure. All and all, can't wait till the movie comes out. =)
Audrius Siupienius

This book is really good because it reveals one of the darkest Chinese history page in true feelings which were experienced by the author of this book.

• Book Jacket: A Land of Permanent Goodbyes

• Book Jacket: Educated
    by Tara Westover

The House of Broken Angels
    by Luis Alberto Urrea

The definitive Mexican-American immigrant story from an acclaimed storyteller.

Win The Balcony

The Balcony
by Jane Delury

Sorry, we do not currently have an active wordplay!