Reader reviews and comments on A Deadly Exchange, plus links to write your own review.

A Deadly Exchange

by Sheryl Jane Stafford

A Deadly Exchange

• Paperback:
    Jan 2001, 364 pages

There are currently 9 reader reviews for A Deadly Exchange

Gavin Grow (01/16/03)

WOW!!! Sheryl Stafford’s latest masterpiece, ‘A Deadly Exchange’ is an action packed, edge-of-your-seat nail-biter! If any book was made for the screen, ‘A Deadly Exchange’ is it. I began the book, thinking to get in a couple of hours reading, and read the book in one sitting. I was riveted to the fascinating story and compelled to continue reading like a starving man for food. I simply had to know what would happen next in this gripping tale of drugs, murder, action and adventure in the Caribbean. ‘A Deadly Exchange’ will grab you and won’t let you go. I rate this book a definite 5 star and recommend it to everyone who wants to be taken away from his or her life for a trip more exciting and intriguing than you can imagine. Author, Sheryl Stafford, has spun a tale that anyone who reads will never forget. I only hope she will write a sequel…
Sheryl Jane Stafford (06/02/02)

Greetings, suspense lovers. My nautical thriller, A Deadly Exchange, is slowly gaining readers as news about it makes its way across the country. Researching the book while exploring remote Bahamian cays was definitely exciting. Writing A Deadly Exchange was indeed a thrill; but reader response to the book certainly surpasses both of these.

The novel opens with a bang; then the foundation is laid for the nightmare that is to come. Around page 100, the story takes off and doesn't stop until the last page.

I welcome your comments about ADE. If you haven't read it, I hope you will do so. I'm currently working on my second thriller, titled, Death Divided by Two. It is a longer book which required a good bit of research. I hope to get it to the reading public early next year.
Robin Graysmith (03/24/02)

My kinda book.This is the best book.I've read in years.Sheryl puts raw emotion into play.I felt like I was there.I can't say enough about this book.I'm waiting for her next one.This would make agreat movie!
Anonymous (10/19/01)

When I started reading this book I could not put it down!!!! The author gradually pulls the reader in and then the story takes off. The reading is fast-paced, and one does not get bogged down in unnecessary language. Of course, this story would be a fantastic screenplay and the writing already lends itself to a movie script. The heroine of the story, Alex, has an inner strength and determination to survive that the author artfully creates with her writing style and story development. I found myself asking, "What would I do in her situation." The author is obviously knowledgable about cruising and the Bahamian Islands. She has taken something that she knows and created an exciting adventure. When the story ends, I wanted to know what happens next to Matt and Alex. The author has deftly left the reader hanging and hungry for more. I see an excellent sequel on the horizon.
Anonymous (10/14/01)

Matthew Spencer and his wife, Alex, find themselves starting a much deserved, long awaited vacation. Unfortunately, they soon discover that their dream trip is starting to become a nightmare.

Shortly after their journey begins, they meet a pair of strange Bohemians. Later they learn the real intention of the visitors and thier deadly intentions. Caught up in a dangerous battle for illegal drugs, Matt and Alex fight for their lives.

Matt struggles to rescue Alex from the drug lords while he fights to keep his sanity. Once a prisoner of war, he is overcome with images of torture and confinement. If he can keep these haunting memories at bay, he can help Alex.

Alex begins to understand the experiences that her husband endured many years ago in the war. Her mind alive with attempts of her escpae and resistance toward her captors, prevent her demise.

Matt and Alex must find each other and escape from the island where they are held hostage. An island surrounded with dangerous men ready to make their exchange, a deadly one.

This novel promises an adventure full of intense suspense. Bursting with action, it will keep you turning pages long past bedtime.
Anonymous (10/11/01)

I read A Deadly Exchange and was hooked upon reading the first page and was taken along with Matt and Alex on their journey to love and murder. This is a captivating book that leaves you wanting more. I hope to go on many more journeys with Matt and Alex in the future. Thanks for a great read, Sheryl.
Anonymous (10/10/01)

I recently read A Deadly Exchange and was captured in the first chapter. I was unable to put the book down. The book was alive, I just became a part of the adventure. The protagonists seemed like they were my neighbors. When they began their long awaited vacation on their new yacht they, as well as I, never dreamed of the potentially deadly events that would begin almost immediately after they set sail. The twists and turns in this story kept me on the edge of my chair. I was amazed at the emotions I experienced during this mystery thriller . The writing skills, creativity, and imagination of this author make this book a must read. There is so much reality entwined with the fiction that it is difficult to remember it is fictional story. This book would make an outstanding movie. I eagerly look forward to Ms. Staffords next
Anonymous (10/10/01)

Stafford's way of telling the story makes it an interesting journey; a nice job well worth the read. Hope it becomes a series of Alex and Matt's adventures!

• Book Jacket: Of Arms and Artists
    The Mothers
    by Brit Bennett

The Next
    by Stephanie Gangi

Fast-paced, wickedly observant, and haunting in the best sense of the word.

Les Parisiennes
    by Anne Sebba

How the women of Paris lived, loved, and died under Nazi occupation.

by Paulette Jiles