Reader reviews and comments on Marie Antoinette, plus links to write your own review.

Marie Antoinette

Nov 2002, 544 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Marie Antoinette

Katie

Truth Unfolds
I really loved this book. It proved how wrong people can be sometimes and how history can really mess things up. The book showed Marie Antoinette as she really was and told nothing but the truth. I believe every word it says and feel that history has really done a horrible thing to a woman who was ultimately a victim of politics and other things she could not control. How can people today look down upon her and blame her for things that were out of her control? I think she was a great person and I look up to her. This book gave me another reason to. It is beautifully written and leaves nothing out. All questions were answered. It was a great ride to be on, the journey of Marie Antoinette.
Laura Elizabeth

Antonia Fraser's book on Marie Antoinette will not be listed as one of her better works. Ms. Fraser is so obviously, painfully, an Antoinette devotee. There is little to no historical objectivity in this book and there are factual errors.

I am deeply disappointed in this book and in Ms. Fraser. I have come to expect better from her.

• Book Jacket: Southernmost
    Southernmost
    by Silas House
    Southernmost opens with a devastating flood in Cumberland Valley, Tennessee. Could it be divine ...
  • Book Jacket: Confessions of the Fox
    Confessions of the Fox
    by Jordy Rosenberg
    In Confessions of the Fox, a fictional academic, Dr. Voth, finds a manuscript in the library where ...
  • Book Jacket: Tango Lessons
    Tango Lessons
    by Meghan Flaherty
    Meghan Flaherty's touching memoir, Tango Lessons, reveals some hard but important truths about ...
    The Almost Sisters
    Joshilyn Jackson's The Almost Sisters is a powerful look at the intersection of privilege, family, ...

The Radium Girls by Kate Moore

The incredible true story of the women who fought America's Undark danger.

Meet Me at the Museum
    by Anne Youngson

A celebration of letters, kindred spirits and writing a new story for yourself.

So Much Life Left Over
    by Louis de Bernieres

An evocative and emotional novel set between the World Wars.

Fly Girls
    by Keith O'Brien

How five daring women defied all odds and made aviation history.

Win Vox

VOX by Christina Dalcher

The story of what one woman will do to protect herself and her daughter in a society where half the population is silenced.

T B Y Speak