Reader reviews and comments on Marie Antoinette, plus links to write your own review.

Marie Antoinette

Nov 2002, 544 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Marie Antoinette

Katie (02/17/10)

Truth Unfolds
I really loved this book. It proved how wrong people can be sometimes and how history can really mess things up. The book showed Marie Antoinette as she really was and told nothing but the truth. I believe every word it says and feel that history has really done a horrible thing to a woman who was ultimately a victim of politics and other things she could not control. How can people today look down upon her and blame her for things that were out of her control? I think she was a great person and I look up to her. This book gave me another reason to. It is beautifully written and leaves nothing out. All questions were answered. It was a great ride to be on, the journey of Marie Antoinette.
Laura Elizabeth (05/02/02)

Antonia Fraser's book on Marie Antoinette will not be listed as one of her better works. Ms. Fraser is so obviously, painfully, an Antoinette devotee. There is little to no historical objectivity in this book and there are factual errors.

I am deeply disappointed in this book and in Ms. Fraser. I have come to expect better from her.

• Book Jacket: Of Arms and Artists

by Caroline Leavitt

by Paulette Jiles

The Comet Seekers
    by Helen Sedgwick

A magical, intoxicating debut novel, both intimate and epic.