Reader reviews and comments on Bread Alone, plus links to write your own review.

Bread Alone

by Judith Ryan Hendricks

Bread Alone by Judith Ryan Hendricks

Jun 2001, 352 pages
    May 2002, 368 pages

There is 1 reader review for Bread Alone

Billie Zahurak (04/18/02)

Bread Alone is a beautiful book! It’s a wonderful first novel from Judi Hendricks from whom I hope to hear much more. You cannot imagine the warm and cozy feelings that simply radiate from the book while you’re reading it. Our book club chose it as a theme meeting that included homemade breads and wine – and what a great meeting it was. The book includes awesome recipes for breads, cookies, and muffins. You may truly dislike the lead character Wyn from the beginning of the book, but trust me, you’ll appreciate what she goes through and the person she grows into by the end. Everyone can relate to the characters; there’s a little bit of you or someone you know in each of them. You’ll feel for Wyn while she goes through the pain of her husband’s departure, the craziness of her mother’s second marriage, and her new job as a baker of bread (with a co-worker who certainly doesn’t want her there). You’ll adore Mac, the resident music-loving, carefree bartender and you’ll despise David who decides he’s “not sure what he wants anymore”. This is a great read.

Discover your next great read here

• Book Jacket: Hillbilly Elegy

The Atomic Weight of Love
by Elizabeth J. Church

Lola
    by Melissa Scrivner Love

An astonishing debut crime thriller about an unforgettable woman.

Our Short History
    by Lauren Grodstein

Any activity becomes creative when the doer cares about doing it right, or better.

O My D B