Reader reviews and comments on Affluenza, plus links to write your own review.

Affluenza

The All-Consuming Epidemic

by   Wann, de Graaf, Naylor

Affluenza by   Wann, de Graaf, Naylor

Jun 2001, 275 pages
    Aug 2002, 288 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Affluenza

adam

As a financial analyst and economist, I was very impressed with the book.

The challenge is in reality. How do we ensure that everyone has the basics we all need, including a vibrant community space, while not overindulging in junk.
D Rudy

The ultimate in illogic
Affluenza blames every negative circumstance observable or invented on the standard of living of Americans. While admitting that much of the core issue the book tries to raise is spiritual and relational, its solutions are ironically materialistic: more socialism, more government officials to dole out material benefits, to impose fine-tuned material standard of living that meets the criteria of these self-appointed experts. The book is packed with leftist naivety, glorifying the hunter-gatherer edenic existence, and vilifying technological advancement, and the difficult work and accomplishment that has brought it about. It similarly vilified the dearly-won system of free society under the rule of law, and longs for more leftist tyranny.

• Book Jacket: Happiness
    Happiness
    by Heather Harpham
    Of the 53 reviews submitted for Happiness, 49 readers rated it a four- or five-star book for an ...
    My Name Is Leon