Reader reviews and comments on Point Deception, plus links to write your own review.

Point Deception

Apr 2002, 368 pages

There is 1 reader review for Point Deception

Jim Gilliam

The First Point Deception
I discovered this book, or rather my publisher did when he did a title search prior to publishing my first novel also titled Point Deception. By way of explanation Muller's book is about a geographical location (crime scene) and its inhabitants and my title comes from the naming scheme for Coast Guard 82-foot patrol boats; the Point Deception in my book is the pseudonym for the real Point Welcome. That said, I obtained a copy of Muller's book and I was glad that I did. There is a simple formula for writing good fiction and that is character conflict = drama. Muller's book has these in abundance. It was very easy for me to identify with the characters and insert myself into the action. This is a book that I will read again and again as I suspect that I probably have missed something the first time.
Jim Gilliam, Author, the different Point Deception

An Absolutely Remarkable Thing
    by Hank Green

Unsheltered
by Barbara Kingsolver

A timely novel that explores the human capacity for resiliency and compassion.

The Kinship of Secrets
    by Eugenia Kim

Paris Echo
    by Sebastian Faulks

A story of resistance, complicity, and an unlikely, transformative friendship.

Win Severance