Reader reviews and comments on Julie and Romeo, plus links to write your own review.

Julie and Romeo

by Jeanne Ray

Julie and Romeo

May 2000, 240 pages
    Jun 2001, 256 pages

There are currently 5 reader reviews for Julie and Romeo

j;bart (03/07/09)

julie & romeo
My husband & I thoroughly enjoyed "julie & romeo".
We sincerely hope Ms. Ray turns out to be a prolific
writer. It was light, entertaining and humorous.
Thank you, Ms. Ray, for a most entertaining read.
Sam (06/09/08)

Battles and Bouquets
An absolutely delightful book. The cover photo tells it all - it's wonderfully light and airy, simple and, ultimately, joyful. I read it at the perfect time - the beginning of summer.
One feud - oooh, how delicious to hate collectively. Two families, united, each against the other. Three generations - just how long is thing going to last, anyway? Haven't these people read the Bard? Don't they know how fatal this could be? Isn't there more at stake than roses?

As it turns out, there is. As it turns out, one of the generations wises up. And, as it turns out, this isn't classical literature, but it's a lovely story about a couple of really nice people.
Darianne (04/23/07)

Thanks!
Thoroughly enjoyed this book...The characters were very believable to me and I too hated to see it end! Hope Ms. Ray will be publishing more books.
L.Yeager (06/21/02)

This book is a delight! Especially to those of us over 50 and into the revived dating scene. Most of the side comments are exactly what we would mumble to ourselves but it's refreshing to know that others may think the same. A laugh-out-loud entertaining read.
Billie Zahurak (04/18/02)

I'm not a romance reader. I tried to dislike this book; and did until our book club met to discuss it. After our discussion, I changed my mind about the book and about the characters. I understand them and like the book enough to recommend it to friends.

The characters are great; it's laugh-out-loud funny. You can relate very much to the characters who make you crazy one minute and cry the next. You've never met families like these two! We teamed this book with Romeo & Juliet and did a theme meeting including readings from the play.

This was an enjoyable read; especially if you like romances!

The Never-Open Desert Diner
    by James Anderson
    James Anderson's debut novel, The Never-Open Desert Diner, starts off as an entertaining ...
    In the Country of Men
    by Hisham Matar
  • Book Jacket: Holding Up the Universe
    Holding Up the Universe
    by Jennifer Niven

Read the best books first...

The Big Holiday Wordplay: