Reader reviews and comments on How To Be Good, plus links to write your own review.

How To Be Good

by Nick Hornby

How To Be Good by Nick Hornby X
How To Be Good by Nick Hornby

Jul 2001, 320 pages
    Apr 2002, 320 pages

There are currently 12 reader reviews for How To Be Good

cheese borger

I have read this book twice in 3 months and absolutely love it. I am a 43 year old male "with a flat battery" and this book really hit home. Thought provoking and also very funny.
Anonymous

Great book, great characters, great concept, great auther!
Kari Kracht

Great book, I loved it very much. Gave me strength to make it through the day!
Mike

A funny, thoughtful take on what it takes to walk the walk. If you've got an over active-conscience, this book will hit home.
hexehillary

I found "how to be good" very entertaining. At the end I was uncertain what Hornby was trying to say: that there is no God? that Katie suddenly appreciates what she has but then loses it? it seems to me very ambiguous. What actuallly happens there do you think?
kate jones

I thought it was wonderful, thought provoking, funny, a great read.
kennylee

An interesting book that examines the tension between freedom and equality in a democratic society. The plot and theme are great from begining to end; however to speak to the masses, the book is written at about a 10th grade reading level. This is a real "thinker." though.

Doyle- the ending left you "unsatisfied" for a good reason. There is no real resolution to the problem of freedom vs. equality. I think Hornsby felt a little bad about "About A Boy" when he gave a resolution to this problem, and wrote the ending of "How To Be Good" to compensate for it.

-a college student
estupenda142

this book really reflects the life of many people nowadays...it is funny, ironically written and gives u also a lot to think about...u can compare the living and the feelings of the characters with ur own...
i recomment this book to all people who want to laugh about everyday - life and who like sarcasm.
i hope nick hornby will publish a new book soon!

• Book Jacket: The Mermaid and Mrs. Hancock
    The Mermaid and Mrs. Hancock
    by Imogen Hermes Gowar
    The Mermaid and Mrs. Hancock, the debut novel from brilliant new literary talent Imogen Hermes Gowar...
  • Book Jacket: Rust & Stardust
    Rust & Stardust
    by T Greenwood
    Highly readable and tightly plotted, T. Greenwood's Rust and Stardust achieves the perfect ...
  • Book Jacket: American Prison
    American Prison
    by Shane Bauer
    After spending over two years in Iran's notorious Evin Prison for supposedly crossing the country's ...
  • Book Jacket: Small Fry
    Small Fry
    by Lisa Brennan-Jobs
    Small Fry is the debut memoir from Lisa Brennan-Jobs, long-time journalist and writer, and oldest ...

The Removes by Tatjana Soli

A powerful, transporting novel about the addictive intensity and freedom of the American frontier.

French Exit
    by Patrick deWitt

A brilliant and darkly comic novel from bestselling author Patrick deWitt.

Win The Clockmaker's Daughter