Reader reviews and comments on Five Quarters of The Orange, plus links to write your own review.

Five Quarters of The Orange

by Joanne Harris

Five Quarters of The Orange by Joanne Harris X
Five Quarters of The Orange by Joanne Harris

May 2001, 336 pages
    Jun 2002, 320 pages

There are currently 20 reader reviews for Five Quarters of The Orange

Five Quarters of the Orange
Exquisitely written, powerful, thought provoking, engaging...

This is the first of Joanne Harris' books I have read, but certainly not the last!

I thought that this book was very interesting. There is never a dull moment. While reading this book there a lot of details. The ending is a total surprise and it takes many twists and turns. Thank you Joanne Harris for writting such a wicked book!

Intriging, well developed characters, incredible, believable story. I really enjoyed reading this. The author used similes and metaphors that were beautiful to read.

I found this book difficult to get into, but once I did, I loved it. I loved the way Harris unraveled the mystery. I savored the last words like a glass of fine wine.

I enjoyed this book very much. The language is to be savored like a fine meal. The mystery of this town and family were so intriguing that I found myself to be completely engrossed and ignoring my duties in the here and now.

I found this book to be delightful - an intriguing read. The juxtaposition of the nine year old girl with the 60 year old woman reveals how little our true character changes throughout the years. The mystery of the recipe book is played out throughout the story, and retains its mystique from its first mention on page one. The characters were depicted with enough complexity to make them real. I enjoyed it greatly.

Beautifully of the best books I've ever read...

Such a wonderful blend of delicious aromas, poignant feelings and horrific events. I couldn't put it down.

• Book Jacket: Winter