Reader reviews and comments on Five Quarters of The Orange, plus links to write your own review.

Five Quarters of The Orange

Jun 2002, 320 pages

There are currently 20 reader reviews for Five Quarters of The Orange

Lily (01/04/08)

Five Quarters of the Orange
Exquisitely written, powerful, thought provoking, engaging...

This is the first of Joanne Harris' books I have read, but certainly not the last!
Mart (08/17/04)

I thought that this book was very interesting. There is never a dull moment. While reading this book there a lot of details. The ending is a total surprise and it takes many twists and turns. Thank you Joanne Harris for writting such a wicked book!
Lauren (08/05/04)

Though the book started rather slow, it came along very well in the latter half of the book. The characters were discribed so well that you felt like they were in your own life.
chris (02/18/04)

Enjoyed this book very much. I will now read the other Joanne Harris' books. She is a good writer, the plot moves well, the characters are interesting and beliveable.
Lynn (08/06/03)

Intriging, well developed characters, incredible, believable story. I really enjoyed reading this. The author used similes and metaphors that were beautiful to read.
Sandy (08/04/03)

I found this book difficult to get into, but once I did, I loved it. I loved the way Harris unraveled the mystery. I savored the last words like a glass of fine wine.
Diane (07/29/03)

I enjoyed this book very much. The language is to be savored like a fine meal. The mystery of this town and family were so intriguing that I found myself to be completely engrossed and ignoring my duties in the here and now.
dave (06/07/03)

was i missing something here?

this book was a chore to read. was it a chick book and i am a guy? somebody throw me a bone here...

dave

Wolf Season
    by Helen Benedict
  • Book Jacket: La Belle Sauvage
    La Belle Sauvage
    by Philip Pullman
    Voted 2017 Best Young Adult Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

I wasn't quite sure what to expect ...
  • Book Jacket: Leonardo da Vinci

The Days When Birds Come Back
    by Deborah Reed

Win Mothers of Sparta

Mothers of Sparta: A Memoir

Sorry, we do not currently have an active wordplay!