Reader reviews and comments on Snow Mountain Passage, plus links to write your own review.

Snow Mountain Passage

by James Houston

Snow Mountain Passage by James Houston X
Snow Mountain Passage by James Houston

Mar 2001, 336 pages
    Apr 2002, 336 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for Snow Mountain Passage

Dylan Hensley

This book was a great retelling story of the Donner Party of 1846. I read it for a book report, and i have to say it was one of my favorite books I've donea report on.
Marcus

It was a good book.
Peter Boffey

The dynamics peculiar to this period of intense social and political upheavels in what we now call Northern California had never, in my experience, been brought to life in such a communicative fashion. Reading SNOW MOUNTAIN PASSAGE, I finally felt as if I were approaching an approximate understanding of what the human situation was like when Californios, Mexicanos, and Americanos negotiated one another during the course of a unique transformation. Bravo! The author also ranks up there with Steinbeck, Stegner, and others who have descriptively evoked the landforms, weather patterns, and flora & fauna of several adjacents bioregions in a complex place. And throughout the story, one does what to know: what happens next?

• Book Jacket: The Smiling Man
    The Smiling Man
    by Joseph Knox
    Joseph Knox's latest turns on a simple premise: an unidentified and unidentifiable murdered man is ...
  • Book Jacket: The Heavens
    The Heavens
    by Sandra Newman
    I've been a big fan of Sandra Newman's writing ever since reading her 2014 novel The Country of Ice ...
  • Book Jacket: Sugar Run
    Sugar Run
    by Mesha Maren
    Mesha Maren's debut novel is a plunge into the depths of the dark Southern gothic with pulsing and ...
  • Book Jacket: Code Name Lise
    Code Name Lise
    by Larry Loftis
    Odette Sansom (1912 – 1995), a Frenchwoman married to a British man and living in the English ...

Book Club
The Accidental Further Adventures of the Hundred-Year-Old Man
by Jonas Jonasson

The hysterical, clever, and unforgettable sequel to Jonas Jonasson's international bestseller.

Book Club Giveaway!
Win The Summer Country

Win up to 12 copies to share with friends or your book club!

A sweeping epic of lost love, lies, jealousy, and rebellion set in colonial Barbados.

D T T! Full S A!