Reader reviews and comments on Snow Mountain Passage, plus links to write your own review.

Snow Mountain Passage

by James Houston

Snow Mountain Passage by James Houston X
Snow Mountain Passage by James Houston

Mar 2001, 336 pages
    Apr 2002, 336 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for Snow Mountain Passage

Dylan Hensley

This book was a great retelling story of the Donner Party of 1846. I read it for a book report, and i have to say it was one of my favorite books I've donea report on.
Marcus

It was a good book.
Peter Boffey

The dynamics peculiar to this period of intense social and political upheavels in what we now call Northern California had never, in my experience, been brought to life in such a communicative fashion. Reading SNOW MOUNTAIN PASSAGE, I finally felt as if I were approaching an approximate understanding of what the human situation was like when Californios, Mexicanos, and Americanos negotiated one another during the course of a unique transformation. Bravo! The author also ranks up there with Steinbeck, Stegner, and others who have descriptively evoked the landforms, weather patterns, and flora & fauna of several adjacents bioregions in a complex place. And throughout the story, one does what to know: what happens next?

• Book Jacket: The Story of Arthur Truluv
    by Louise Erdrich

The Second Mrs. Hockaday by Susan Rivers

Wonder Valley
    by Ivy Pochoda

Wisdom is the reward you get for a lifetime of listening when you'd rather have been talking

E Dog H I D