Reader reviews and comments on Snow Mountain Passage, plus links to write your own review.

Snow Mountain Passage

by James Houston

Snow Mountain Passage by James Houston X
Snow Mountain Passage by James Houston

Mar 2001, 336 pages
    Apr 2002, 336 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for Snow Mountain Passage

Dylan Hensley

This book was a great retelling story of the Donner Party of 1846. I read it for a book report, and i have to say it was one of my favorite books I've donea report on.
Marcus

It was a good book.
Peter Boffey

The dynamics peculiar to this period of intense social and political upheavels in what we now call Northern California had never, in my experience, been brought to life in such a communicative fashion. Reading SNOW MOUNTAIN PASSAGE, I finally felt as if I were approaching an approximate understanding of what the human situation was like when Californios, Mexicanos, and Americanos negotiated one another during the course of a unique transformation. Bravo! The author also ranks up there with Steinbeck, Stegner, and others who have descriptively evoked the landforms, weather patterns, and flora & fauna of several adjacents bioregions in a complex place. And throughout the story, one does what to know: what happens next?

• Book Jacket: Rust & Stardust
    Rust & Stardust
    by T Greenwood
    Highly readable and tightly plotted, T. Greenwood's Rust and Stardust achieves the perfect ...
  • Book Jacket: American Prison
    American Prison
    by Shane Bauer
    After spending over two years in Iran's notorious Evin Prison for supposedly crossing the country's ...
  • Book Jacket: Small Fry
    Small Fry
    by Lisa Brennan-Jobs
    Small Fry is the debut memoir from Lisa Brennan-Jobs, long-time journalist and writer, and oldest ...
  • Book Jacket: The Winter Soldier
    The Winter Soldier
    by Daniel Mason
    Imagine the thousands of confounding cases doctors face routinely for which diagnoses are hard to ...

The Winter Soldier by Daniel Mason

A story of war and medicine, of finding love in the sweeping tides of history, and of the mistakes we make.

Sold on a Monday
    by Kristina McMorris

An unforgettable novel inspired by a stunning piece of history.

Win The Clockmaker's Daughter