Reader reviews and comments on In My Hands, plus links to write your own review.

In My Hands

Apr 2001, 304 pages

There are currently 43 reader reviews for In My Hands

Jenna (03/31/15)

So Touching
I loved this book. We had a project due and I chose the Holocaust. This book symbolizes strength and love. Its amazing how one girl who lost so much can fight with that much strength and passion. Irene is a wonderful roll model and I`m going to use her strength and passion to become a better person. I love this book!!!!
Nancy (08/12/14)

A Remarkable Story of Courage
This autobiography shows how the author fought the Germans. As she states, it began with small steps, she began by feeding the Jews under the eyes & employment of German officers. Later, she joins the resistance movement. She was an extremely brave person. A young Corrie Ten Boom.
Lexie (07/15/11)

Forced yet Enjoyed
For my summer reading this year for going into 11th grade I was forced to read this book. At first I was SO not looking forward to it. It seems that when you are forced to read a book you never enjoy it. However, that is not how I felt here. I started reading the book and I was instantly hooked! There was literally one part of the book that my mouth dropped open and I had to throw the book off to the side. I think I enjoy this even more because it was a true story. Made me very grateful for my life. I would LOVE to make an impact on people's lives as much as Irene did! I would recomend this book to upperclassmen in High School and too Young Adults! It really was a pleasure reading it! :)
Zach (04/17/11)

AWESOME!
We are reading this book for our literature circles in our ELA class. Very striking story, really makes you feel you are in the war yourself!
ihavealife (12/31/09)

I love this book!
I am in 9th grade and after reading this book, I have noticed that everyone can make a difference. I think that everyone should read this book and rethink the Holocaust and what it did to everyone. It made me think that everything can be reached one step at a time.
Apryl C. Flint (11/25/08)

In my Hands
This happens to be one of my favorite books to read. Although I don't recomend it to 7th graders, I highly recomend it to 9th graders and older. If you are interested in biographies, especially during WWII, then this is definitely the book for you.
Kim (02/03/08)

Amazing
This wonderful book tells the story of a girl growing up in a horrible period in time. Filled with action and a touching story, anyone would enjoy reading this book. Irene is truly a hero. Five Stars.
Andrea Thomas (01/10/08)

Irene gut opdyke
I read this book for my 11th grade class and I absolutely adored it. The struggles and loss she deal with has made me realize that tomorrow is never promised to anyone. I think it is amazing and should be read by anyone that wants an experience of love and fighting for your right to live.

One Month Free Membership

All the Ugly and Wonderful Things
    by Bryn Greenwood

A memorable coming-of-age tale about loyalty, defiance, and the power of love.

The Book That Matters Most
    by Ann Hood

An enthralling novel about love, loss, secrets and friendship.

This Must Be the Place