Reader reviews and comments on Fast Food Nation, plus links to write your own review.

The Dark Side of The All American Meal

by Eric Schlosser

Jan 2001, 288 pages
    Jan 2002, 384 pages

There are currently 26 reader reviews for Fast Food Nation

Emily Anonymous (03/17/12)

Fast Food Nation
People love fast food because it tastes good, it's quick, and affordable

The book explains a one sided negative view on fast food, in deep passages of dangers in meat slaughtering factories, dangers of meat, fast food ingredients, natural and artificial flavors, preservatives, illnesses, low salary fast food job employees and their poor working conditions, crimes, creepy fast food commercials, farmers, slaughtered animals. And last of but least, the wealthy fast food business owners..Anyone who thought they loved fast food and would eat it in moderation will choose not to after reading this book, it's a little dreadful, and I question if all the biased facts on fast food are really true.
Christine (03/26/07)

Fast Food Nation
A year before reading Fast Food Nation I saw the move “Super Size Me,” I thought the book would be the same as the movie, but it wasn’t. Schlosser doesn’t only show what happens when you eat fast food, he tells of the making of it. He tells of the bad conditions in the meat packing facilities, not just for the animals but also for the worker. He explains how the food industry has grown into a multi-billion dollar industry and is now a big part of the American culture, economy, and politics. This is a good read and will make you think twice before going throw a drive throw.
Janet (11/22/06)

An eye opener...
Often overly detailed and slow, this book is still worth reading. It will - without a doubt - change the way you eat for the better. I would rate it a 3 for overall writing style, but because it had such an impact on my life, and I can still remember so many important details, I bumped the rating to a 4.
Edner P. (07/20/06)

Fast Food Nation
This was one of the best books I've read. It got a lot of information about fast food.O)ne thing I dislike is when the author is changing. It makes you confusing sometimes. After all it's a good book.
Renee (10/10/05)

Fast Food Nation
I'm in an 093 English class, and this book is required for mid-terms. It's one of the worse books I've ever read in my life (besides The Giver). It's way too broad. Sometimes the author goes off topic to an example that has nothing to do with his POV. The book starts off interesting and grabs the reader's attention immediately, but once you get to the second or third chapter, it gets pretty boring with boatloads of facts that you won't even bother remembering.
allie (03/01/05)

I really enjoyed it--it was very insightful, and it makes you reflect on some things
Anonymous (10/28/04)

e (10/11/04)

This was an incredible book not only because of the topic it covered, but the thorough manner in which the author expounded upon his research. The time and effort Schlosser spent to write this is evident in his calmly passionate explanation of the situation in which we find ourselves today. This book is a call to action, a must-read for those of us who want to be informed about our choices as American consumers.

• Book Jacket: So Say the Fallen
    by Brit Bennett
    by Tom Jackson

The Next
    by Stephanie Gangi

Fast-paced, wickedly observant, and haunting in the best sense of the word.

The Comet Seekers
    by Helen Sedgwick

A magical, intoxicating debut novel, both intimate and epic.

North of Crazy
    by Neltje

The remarkable life of a woman who carves her own singular path.