Reader reviews and comments on Fast Food Nation, plus links to write your own review.

Fast Food Nation

Jan 2001, 288 pages
    Jan 2002, 384 pages

There are currently 26 reader reviews for Fast Food Nation

allie

I really enjoyed it--it was very insightful, and it makes you reflect on some things
Anonymous

THID BOOK IS AWESOME
e

This was an incredible book not only because of the topic it covered, but the thorough manner in which the author expounded upon his research. The time and effort Schlosser spent to write this is evident in his calmly passionate explanation of the situation in which we find ourselves today. This book is a call to action, a must-read for those of us who want to be informed about our choices as American consumers.

Awesome book. A must read for any avid fast-food eater. It will make you think before you taking another bite of that greasy burger. Should be required reading for everyone. Use your head, and make informed decisions, read this book!
Mark_Bledsoe

Frightening, should make you think about your eating habits.
Chris H

Thsi book was most intelectual when questioning the era of the century we are in. It displayed a nich for the facts that business is the driving machine in America. The fast food industry is just as we english scholars like to say "la ist normlish". Jolly good novel not up to par with Upton Sinclairs though as one stagnant rodent might feel.
Darren M O'Connor

Excellant read. Schlosser is definite and centred with the facts. Althought his great storytelling ability is lost somewhere near the end amid multi-facts it's the subject matter and Schlosser's ability to present it using seasoned logic which makes for such a good read. Like it or loathe it, you have to hand it to Eric for a well-researched and exciting read.
Jacob A

My group and I researched the technology practice of fast food for our final presentation this term in tech values in society. The book was suggested to us by our teacher and proved to be an interesting read. The content was not too suprising (fast food is just like the other industries), but reading it was fun rather than dry.

• Book Jacket: American Prison
    American Prison
    by Shane Bauer
    After spending over two years in Iran's notorious Evin Prison for supposedly crossing the country's ...
  • Book Jacket: Small Fry
    Small Fry
    by Lisa Brennan-Jobs
    Small Fry is the debut memoir from Lisa Brennan-Jobs, long-time journalist and writer, and oldest ...
  • Book Jacket: The Winter Soldier
    The Winter Soldier
    by Daniel Mason
    Imagine the thousands of confounding cases doctors face routinely for which diagnoses are hard to ...
  • Book Jacket: Brother
    Brother
    by David Chariandy
    Brother is the brief, moving account of how a single, tragic moment in time can alter the course of ...

The Removes by Tatjana Soli

A powerful, transporting novel about the addictive intensity and freedom of the American frontier.

French Exit
    by Patrick deWitt

A brilliant and darkly comic novel from bestselling author Patrick deWitt.

Win The Clockmaker's Daughter