Reader reviews and comments on A Heart of Stone, plus links to write your own review.

A Heart of Stone

by Renate Dorrestein

A Heart of Stone by Renate Dorrestein

Jan 2001, 256 pages
    Jan 2002, 256 pages

There are currently 5 reader reviews for A Heart of Stone

Rita (12/28/10)

A heart of stone -short review
This book reveals the journey of a middle aged woman in the past, to face her tragic childhood that changed her life once and for all.It also shows how over the years, she has tried to escape form her "nightmare", but her family photo album takes her back into the past to find out the truth she's been avoiding...

I really loved this book that I read it all only for two hours !
I highly recommend it to you....
Ashley (11/19/04)

I felt this book was extremely moving. The intense love between parents provides a distraction from their children, but the love of a mother for her daughter provides an excuse for murder. Dorrestein is very capable of making readers sit open-mouthed and stare at the words in front of them with complete and utter astonishment.
j.walker (04/30/03)

i wasnt really a book reader but a freind told me it was a book i had to read ,so i went and bought it.and i could not put it down untill i had finished the chapter but even then i had to carry on just to make sure things were okay , it was very heart rending with sadness and also humour .i have gone on to read several other books by Renate Dorresteine with my eyes wide open because you never now whats around the corner. now i am a avid reader..
Anonymous (07/07/02)

A beautifully written book that keeps the reader on edge until the last chapter. Her writing technique of just allowing enought information to keep you titilated until the end. I would recommend it to friends and book clubs.
Yossapon Tiranut (05/11/02)

Awesome book, im goin to try to read this book again because i didnt really understand it in the first place but it was well written. Please if you can, just try to explain in a plain English what this book is really about, it would be great...Thanks

Discover your next great read here

The Nest
by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney

The Stars Are Fire
    by Anita Shreve

No One Is Coming to Save Us
    by Stephanie Powell Watts

One of Entertainment Weekly, Nylon and Elle's most anticipated books of 2017.

We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare...

Y S M B, I'll S Y