Reader reviews and comments on These Granite Islands, plus links to write your own review.

These Granite Islands

by Sarah Stonich

These Granite Islands by Sarah Stonich X
These Granite Islands by Sarah Stonich

Mar 2001, 320 pages
    Mar 2002, 336 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for These Granite Islands

Karen Pfeil

I read this book over the holidays and let me say, it made my Christmas brighter! I was staying at my mother-in-law's house and had to keep finding a quiet corner so that I could dive back into the captivating story of Isabel and Catherine. Any woman who has ever had a special, and perhaps somewhat unorthodox or life-changing, friendship with another woman will not be able to resist this wonderful story. It was a great read and I want to thank the author for her beautiful creation. I'm looking forward to her next novel!
Nancy L. Bert

Hauntingly beautiful. One is enthralled from the very first. One of the best novels I have read in many a moon.

• Book Jacket: The Pianist from Syria
    The Pianist from Syria
    by Aeham Ahmad
    Aeham Ahmad became famous as the face of Syrian suffering when a photo of him playing piano in the ...
  • Book Jacket: The Smiling Man
    The Smiling Man
    by Joseph Knox
    Joseph Knox's latest turns on a simple premise: an unidentified and unidentifiable murdered man is ...
  • Book Jacket: The Heavens
    The Heavens
    by Sandra Newman
    I've been a big fan of Sandra Newman's writing ever since reading her 2014 novel The Country of Ice ...
  • Book Jacket: Sugar Run
    Sugar Run
    by Mesha Maren
    Mesha Maren's debut novel is a plunge into the depths of the dark Southern gothic with pulsing and ...

The Last Year of the War
    by Susan Meissner

A little-known story of WWII with great resonance for our times.

American Princess
    by Stephanie Marie Thornton

Rated 4.9 stars by BookBrowse members - one of the highest scores of all time!

Book Club
Girls Burn Brighter
by Shobha Rao

An extraordinary and heart-rending tale of two girls with all the odds against them.

Book Club Giveaway!
Win The Summer Country

Win up to 12 copies to share with friends or your book club!

A sweeping epic of lost love, lies, jealousy, and rebellion set in colonial Barbados.

D T T! Full S A!