Reader reviews and comments on 1st To Die, plus links to write your own review.

by James Patterson

Mar 2001, 432 pages
    Feb 2002, 480 pages

There are currently 29 reader reviews for 1st To Die

Aplastic Anemia Patient (05/07/11)

1st to Die
I have aplastic anemia and may die from it. I have had people tell me they know about it because they read about it in this book. It is not a description of aplastic anemia, although, possibly it may be a description of anemia. I don't know about that. Also, the treatment does not make sense. Three blood transfusions a week would put iron in the organs pretty quickly, and a person needing that many transfusions would not work all day, run down the stairs, and walk fast down the sidewalk. This writer lost credibility with me. Therefore, I was unable to submerge myself into the character and story.
Tim (07/05/10)

1st to Die - Quick review

Well written, teriffic sub-plots
Very hard to put down
Ending believable and realistic

Very very end (with Nick) was ridiculous and has been done 100 times before, leave that last bit out and it's a 5 out of 5
'net (08/07/07)

1st To Die
Being a first time reader of James Paterson, I was referred by a friend to give him a try. Well, 1st To Die was a book I couldn't put down. The suspense, angles and twists had everything to keep me interested. The only negative I can say is at the end regarding the lead characters love interest. Very disappointed.I wanted to put the book down and say, forget it. But I continued and it turned out OK, but it left me knowing that person wouldn't continue in the series of the Women's Murder Club books. With all that said though, I will by the next in the series, I'm hooked.
jim m. (02/15/07)

confused by the ending, did he or didn't he?
I am not a huge fiction reader, but found this gripping, and then was disappointed and confused by the ending.
emochick (02/13/07)

Best Muder Book
This is the best murder book I have read since Along Came A Spider. This was a thriller I could not put down!
Michelle (05/02/06)

Enjoyed it and love the murder club but not a favorite from James Patterson
I really enjoyed this book very much but was hoping that things turned out different in the end with her love interest! The book I really enjoyed by this author is When The Wind Blows!! I loved the story from beginning to end!! I am just now reading the sequel ( I wasn't aware until a few days ago that a sequel to the story exsisted! ) I am really enjoying it thus far!!! I will let you know what I think when I'm through with it. If you have the same taste in authors as I do, ( since I love alot of James Pattersons work, ) I suggest that you read Odd Thomas, and Life Expectancy by Dean Koontz. I also loved some of the books by Michael Connelly in the Harry Bosch Series!! The books called The Poet and The Narrows were great!! Hope I could be of some help to readers looking for a good read!!!
Jessica (01/05/05)

this book was a wonderfully thrilling and exciting piece of work. I definitely hope for a sequael.
Charli (11/14/04)

this was the BEST book I have EVER read and it was my first James Patterson book so now iam looking forward to reading the other books!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Book Jacket: So Say the Fallen
    by Brit Bennett
    by Tom Jackson

North of Crazy
    by Neltje

The remarkable life of a woman who carves her own singular path.

by Paulette Jiles

The Comet Seekers
    by Helen Sedgwick

A magical, intoxicating debut novel, both intimate and epic.