Reader reviews and comments on The Bonesetter's Daughter, plus links to write your own review.

The Bonesetter's Daughter

by Amy Tan

The Bonesetter's Daughter by Amy Tan

Feb 2001, 200 pages
    Jan 2002, 416 pages

There are currently 32 reader reviews for The Bonesetter's Daughter

Sierra Marsh (07/26/12)

My thoughts about this book.
I had to read this book for summer homework for Honors English 10 and I thought because a teacher picked the book that it was going to be boring and that I wouldn't like it but I do. It was a good book but if my grade for the first 4 weeks of school in this class weren't depending on reading this book, I probably wouldn't have read this book.
Laura (08/29/11)

ehh
I truly despised this book. I predicted the ending before I even got through half of it. My prediction was correct! It just was NOT capturing my attention. At all.
Maya Saputra (08/15/07)

I'm in Love with Tan's Books!!
Love at the first sight!!
I Love all Amy Tan's books! ^__^
Farah (11/01/05)

Nice book but it's not excellent!
Amy Tan's a good writer. Actually I only read the book because I was assigned to, by school but I liked most of it. The characters and situations were very interesting and it takes maturity to appriciate most of the emotions displayed in this book. I liked this book, although it had a slow beginging.Because of the begining,it's not excellent.
Raul (02/27/05)

Could it start any slower? Most of the rankings are from people who chose to read it, while i had to read it as an assignment. Unless you are an old woman this is a bad book.
Amy (08/26/04)

Awesome book, really encaptures you in Chinese Culture and the way things were done back then. A truly amazing story.
Bianca (08/17/04)

I loved this book!!
I found the story intriging and the intricate details made me feel as though i was experiencing everything first hand.
Although only a more mature audience will appreciate this work.
Din (08/15/04)

by Arlie Russell Hochschild
  • Book Jacket: The Dry
    The Dry
    by Jane Harper
    After receiving a letter from his childhood friend's father, Aaron Falk, a Melbourne police officer ...

The Sellout
by Paul Beatty

The first book by an American author to win the prestigious Man Booker Prize.

Home Sweet Home
    by April Smith

From the widely praised author of the FBI Special Agent Ana Grey series, a stunning novel set in the McCarthy era.

Caught in the Revolution
    by Helen Rappaport

It is among the commonplaces of education that we often first cut off the living root and then try to replace its ...

K Your F C