Reader reviews and comments on Mystic River, plus links to write your own review.

Mystic River

by Dennis Lehane

Mystic River

Jan 2001, 320 pages
    Apr 2002, 320 pages

There are currently 8 reader reviews for Mystic River

Pimento (06/17/10)

Good book, but dragged in spots
I enjoyed this book overall. It was a very good story and much of it was very hard to put down. I read it fairly quickly.

However, sometimes I found myself skimming over long descriptions of characters or places because I found myself impatient to get through them to the meat of the story.

Other than that, the writing and the story are very good. I have read other books of Mr. Lehane's and I feel the same way in terms of skimming certain descriptive parts that I find a little boring.

I have checked out Shutter Island from the library and it's next on my list of reading. (Saw the movie and it was AMAZING, the best movie I've seen in a few years).
MONI80 (07/07/06)

BETTER THAN THE MOVIE!
After watching the movie and leaving somewhat unsatisfied I tracked down the book and can now say that the story just a as hearttouching and moving as the reviews say. In the movie though Tim Robbins does an awesome job it seems incomplete without the insight on his emotional state that you get from the book. In the book Lehane creates unforgettable characters that are drawn out and explained so all the pregnant pauses and 'deep' reflective glances you get on screen you can now understand. I am a huge fan of descriptive narratives and emotionally intriguing characters and this book is full of them with a little twist that will cause you to reevaluate yourself and how you view people. Truly moving and a wonderful read.
Nicolle (12/13/04)

Great book! would recommend it to any one
- a n t h - (11/20/04)

This book is awesome. I couldn't put it down, I just had to keep on reading. What an ending! The movie was great too!
KC (10/19/04)

This was an excellent book. I really enjoyed it and I found that it was better than the movie!
Raleigh (04/04/04)

All of Dennis Lehane's book are awesome. I am even using him for my junior theme.
Anonymous (11/21/03)

very good
Mindi (06/17/02)

This book kept me up all night...I just couldn't wait to see what happened! I recommend it to anyone who likes fiction.

One Month Free Membership

All the Ugly and Wonderful Things
    by Bryn Greenwood

A memorable coming-of-age tale about loyalty, defiance, and the power of love.

The Book That Matters Most
    by Ann Hood

An enthralling novel about love, loss, secrets and friendship.

Girl Waits with Gun