Reader reviews and comments on Martha Peake, plus links to write your own review.

Martha Peake

by Patrick McGrath

Martha Peake by Patrick McGrath

Oct 2000, 400 pages
    May 2002, 384 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Martha Peake

Elizabeth (09/08/02)

This is a fantastic book which gripped me to the end!! McGrath is a fantastic author and I am looking forward to reading his next book.
Katherine (06/16/02)

I am an ardent reader and lover of historial, gothic novels but I was very disappointed in this book. I rarely read a novel that I don't finish, but this is an exception to that rule. I made it through chapter 20 and then shelved it. I think one of the problems with this story is the POV. The author tells us the story, but rarely does he show us the story. I would like to know more about Martha, but her character is shouded in a verbal diatribes from the main speaker, who the reader could really care less about. Also, the pacing is extemely tedious. Nothing happens until page 120 and this book is only 300 pages. My advice is read the first two pages in the bookstore because that is the style of the entire book. My advice is don't waste your money, because there are much better books in this genre.

Discover your next great read here

The One-in-a-Million Boy
by Monica Wood

The Stars Are Fire
    by Anita Shreve

No One Is Coming to Save Us
    by Stephanie Powell Watts

One of Entertainment Weekly, Nylon and Elle's most anticipated books of 2017.

Children are not the people of tomorrow, but people today.

Y S M B, I'll S Y