Reader reviews and comments on An Hour Before Daylight, plus links to write your own review.

An Hour Before Daylight

Oct 2001, 288 pages

There is 1 reader review for An Hour Before Daylight

Debbie Sturgeon

Delightful Read
An Hour Before Daylight is a delightful, heart-warming tale of life in rural America. I read this book after I completed John Grisham's 'A Painted House' and found that it told "the rest of the story." The books were very similar, however, Mr.Carter's book was nonfictional. It's a story that stimulates the imagination and one can get so involved in the hometown tale that you can envision the people and smell the food on the dinner table. I felt great pride in the nursing stories he told of his mother, being a nurse, myself. This book can only be remembered, to me, as inspiring and really demonstrates that hard work and determination can lead to greatness. I also found that Mr.Carter's insight to racial relationships was remarkable and I admire him for his attitude. 'An Hour Before Daylight' is truly a book worth anyone's time and I recommend it highly. Thank You!

Love and Other Consolation Prizes
    by D.B. John
  • Book Jacket: The Abbot's Tale
    The Abbot's Tale
    by Conn Iggulden
    The Abbot's Tale purports to be a re-discovered manuscript written by a real historical figure,...

Salt Houses by Hala Alyan

Me, Myself and Them
    by Dan Mooney

A fresh, funny and heart-wrenching story about human connection and the power of friendship.

Win A Place for Us