Reader reviews and comments on An Hour Before Daylight, plus links to write your own review.

An Hour Before Daylight

Oct 2001, 288 pages

There is 1 reader review for An Hour Before Daylight

Debbie Sturgeon

Delightful Read
An Hour Before Daylight is a delightful, heart-warming tale of life in rural America. I read this book after I completed John Grisham's 'A Painted House' and found that it told "the rest of the story." The books were very similar, however, Mr.Carter's book was nonfictional. It's a story that stimulates the imagination and one can get so involved in the hometown tale that you can envision the people and smell the food on the dinner table. I felt great pride in the nursing stories he told of his mother, being a nurse, myself. This book can only be remembered, to me, as inspiring and really demonstrates that hard work and determination can lead to greatness. I also found that Mr.Carter's insight to racial relationships was remarkable and I admire him for his attitude. 'An Hour Before Daylight' is truly a book worth anyone's time and I recommend it highly. Thank You!

• Book Jacket: Let It Bang
    by Hank Green
  • Book Jacket: Waiting for Eden
    Waiting for Eden
    by Elliot Ackerman
    Elliot Ackerman's latest novel, Waiting for Eden, follows Marine Eden Malcom as his death ...

Unsheltered
by Barbara Kingsolver

A timely novel that explores the human capacity for resiliency and compassion.

The Kinship of Secrets
    by Eugenia Kim

A Ladder to the Sky
    by John Boyne

A seductive, unputdownable psychodrama following one brilliant, ruthless man.

Win Strangers in Budapest

Strangers in Budapest

A couple trying to make a new life in a foreign land find themselves drawn into a cultural and generational vendetta.

I Ain't O U T F L S