Reader reviews and comments on Special Ops, plus links to write your own review.

Special Ops

by W.E.B. Griffin

Special Ops by W.E.B. Griffin

Jan 2001, 544 pages
    Feb 2002, 784 pages

There is 1 reader review for Special Ops

Byrne (04/01/15)

Way too much empty conversation.
I don't know why I keep reading Griffin's novels. I guess because I hope this one will be better than the last.... If you take out all the Officers Club conversation the book would shrink to maybe 10 pages. And please, Mr. Griffin, get somebody fluent in the language to help with the expressions and names in Spanish! And maybe even English -- instead of "Hear, hear," he writes "Here, here." Hello? Is there an editor in the house?

And the cursing -- way too much and inappropriate in many cases. I think the cursing in this book alone adds up to more than I heard in 21 years in the Air Force!

Oh well, maybe the next one will be better.

The Summer Before the War
    Tender
    by Belinda McKeon

The Sellout
by Paul Beatty

The first book by an American author to win the prestigious Man Booker Prize.

Caught in the Revolution
    by Helen Rappaport

The Fifth Petal
    by Brunonia Barry

When an old man dies, a library burns to the ground.

K Your F C