Reader reviews and comments on Special Ops, plus links to write your own review.

Special Ops

by W.E.B. Griffin

Special Ops by W.E.B. Griffin X
Special Ops by W.E.B. Griffin

Jan 2001, 544 pages
    Feb 2002, 784 pages

There is 1 reader review for Special Ops

Byrne

Way too much empty conversation.
I don't know why I keep reading Griffin's novels. I guess because I hope this one will be better than the last.... If you take out all the Officers Club conversation the book would shrink to maybe 10 pages. And please, Mr. Griffin, get somebody fluent in the language to help with the expressions and names in Spanish! And maybe even English -- instead of "Hear, hear," he writes "Here, here." Hello? Is there an editor in the house?

And the cursing -- way too much and inappropriate in many cases. I think the cursing in this book alone adds up to more than I heard in 21 years in the Air Force!

Oh well, maybe the next one will be better.

Love and Other Consolation Prizes
    by D.B. John
  • Book Jacket: The Abbot's Tale
    The Abbot's Tale
    by Conn Iggulden
    The Abbot's Tale purports to be a re-discovered manuscript written by a real historical figure,...

Harbor of Spies by Robin Lloyd

A captivating thriller-at-sea set in Spanish colonial Havana in the 1860s.

Me, Myself and Them
    by Dan Mooney

A fresh, funny and heart-wrenching story about human connection and the power of friendship.

Win A Place for Us