Reader reviews and comments on A Day Late and A Dollar Short, plus links to write your own review.

A Day Late and A Dollar Short

by Terry McMillan

A Day Late and A Dollar Short by Terry McMillan X
A Day Late and A Dollar Short by Terry McMillan

Jan 2001, 448 pages
    Dec 2001, 480 pages

There are currently 14 reader reviews for A Day Late and A Dollar Short

a j darden

I really enjoyed everything about the book from the writing style to the complexity of the characters. T. McMillan is an execellent story teller.
jackie watkins

Fantastic. Everyone should read this book, you'll find a family member among the pages. I know I found several, including myself. A must read for the avid reader.
Ms Tee

I read this book,and was so enlighted it was hard to put down.
It will have you laughing,and feeling sad too.
I can relate to some of things that happen in that family,
It's like the author was talking to me.
It was a good book and every family
should have this book in their house whole.
God Bless you Terry!
Keep up the good work.
Ms Tee
Twain

This book, which I read almost a year ago, captures the reader from the start. The characters are breathing also, from the start of the book. they are so clearly defined that the names could have been delelted from the text after the first forty pages, still you'd know exactly who is speaking, who is dealing with which situation, and who is pulling them all together once again. i read this book while visiting friends for a few days, picked it up on the way to NYC, it became an issue with my friends, who kept demanding that i put the book down and tell them about my life in Paris. i couldn't put the book down. I left it for them to read. i was thanked and forgiven. and thanked several times more. not since Mama Day, Gloira Naylor's tale, have i enjyed a book so much.

I have enjoyed Stella and Waiting, but this book, i thought, during and after reading it, should become a movie. it would do very well on stage as well. i think everyone, without regard to color, can see their family in the characters, which you find yourself careing more and more about, then finally missing them, as you realize days later that they are charaters invented and not people you can drop in on to find out what they are doing or how they are doing. you become very involved in their indidviual and collective challenges wanting each of them to succeed. Terry makes you glade you learned to read!!!
Courtney

The book was great and I really liked how it showed real insight into how black families, no matter how mad or dysfunctional the family may be, when the time comes the family can come together and back one another up.
Vikki Koonce

I think that this book sends a positive message to many different families. It teaches us that you should appreciate what you have before what you have that neesd to be appreciated is gone. Since I am a writer also, your book as inspired me to send out positive messages.
Nene

I think everyone should read this book!! It really keeps you turning pages and is very interesting!!!!!!!!!
Tamika

Such a great book that reflects family, acceptance and dealing with problems. I hope this will be at the movie theater real soon! Great job Terry!!!!!!

• Book Jacket: The Perfectionists