Reader reviews and comments on Stowaway, plus links to write your own review.

Stowaway

Jun 2002, 320 pages

There are currently 51 reader reviews for Stowaway

ME (11/30/17)

AMAZING
I love this book so so so so much! i used it for my 8th grade book project and i aced it. The fact that most of this actually happened makes it even more fun to read!
yohn (06/02/14)

fja
Stowaway is a really boring book. I had to read it for the school book reading and I fell asleep on page 10.
Caylin Johnson (12/03/12)

This book is AWESOME!!
Hi!! I'm Caylin (aka KK:D) and I read the book Stowaway very lately actually. I am 11 years old and I just LOVED this book. I don't really want to write about the ending or whatever because you don't want to spoil a good ending!! So, if you want to know more about this book, go to google and type in Karen Hesse and search Stowaway! Thanks, KK:D
Nia Fertil (05/11/11)

jackson ville
It is cool and smart reading.
Amiri (04/12/11)

Great Book
This is a great book that many young adults can relate. There are times when Nicholas is feeling down, happy, in pain, and more. Kids nowadays look for something that things have in common. This will let people know that they aren't alone out there in the world. It also gives you a terrific abundance of facts. It may not occur to the reader, but if they are interested in where they are in the book they will want to know what it looks life in real life. So that's all I can say for now. READ the book.
Nikolina (04/10/11)

MEH.
It is so boring and un-amusing for those of us who are above the reading level. It is extremely detailed and it just keeps going on and on. Plus, due to the journal layout, it isn't too fun to read because it's an awful transition-er. I really dislike it. Once again, IT'S SO BORING.
bookwyrm (02/12/11)

good book
This is a good book, but more of a book for those slow, lazy dog days of summer (which is to say you would probably enjoy it more if you read it on those days when you have nothing to do but relax) There could've been more depth to some of the characters, as i felt that most of the characters other than Nick, Mr. Bootie, Tarheto, and Mr. Banks appearances were too few and far between for them to develop fully. Other than that, the climax, although slightly exciting, could have been more, well, climatic and nerve wracking, as the real trouble was a bit short lived, but interesting and funny things happen throughout the book, for example, the "shark" that the crew were eating at one point. I also learned about the dunking of new crew members once the ship crossed over the Equinoctial Line (The Equator) So to sum it up, this book is a good read, informational, but also humorous and intriguing.
Cal S. (son of zeus) (02/12/11)

pretty good
OK, not her best work, and I am slightly disapointed that Nick never stands up the Bootie, (sorry, possibly a bit of a spoiler) and I would have liked a bit more action.

• Book Jacket: The Word Is Murder

A Place for Us
    by Fatima Farheen Mirza

Win If You See Me, Don't Say Hi

If You See Me, Don't Say Hi by Neel Patel

Patel's stories introduce a bold and timely new literary voice.

A P Saved I A P E