Reader reviews and comments on Disobedience, plus links to write your own review.

Disobedience

by Jane Hamilton

Disobedience by Jane Hamilton

Oct 2000, 304 pages
    Jul 2001, 288 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Disobedience

Lacey, Librarian (08/19/10)

This book is awful!
I chose this for a bookclub read and was very disappointed. I had to force myself to finish it. The author, a woman, does a poor job of writing from a 17 year old boy's perspective. The writing is slow paced and disjointed. We spent the entire discussion talking about how BAD the book was. Not recommended.
Linda (10/06/03)

This was a riviting read - I could relate to it completely - I could not put it down. When, like I have, moved around alot, email is my touchstone to the rest of the world: my friends. I would rather my car break down or my phone go off-line than loose my email - i could not function or breathe without it. So, I could transport myself to the story and into the character, Beth, with regards to her age, her life with 2 kids, and moving to an area different and new to her, as well as reaching out through her email to her new 'friend'. It was huantingly similar to my thoughts and feelings that I also struggle with. WOW!

• Book Jacket: Pachinko
    Lincoln in the Bardo
    by George Saunders

The Sellout
by Paul Beatty

The first book by an American author to win the prestigious Man Booker Prize.

I See You
    by Clare Mackintosh

Caught in the Revolution
    by Helen Rappaport

Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some to be chewed on and digested.

K Your F C