Reader reviews and comments on Wish You Well, plus links to write your own review.

Wish You Well

by David Baldacci

Wish You Well

Oct 2000, 416 pages
    Sep 2001, 484 pages

There are currently 26 reader reviews for Wish You Well

Robert B (12/31/14)

The Bad Guy
Unless I sneezed and missed it.....there was no mention whatsoever if anything happened to George Davis after the Trial. It was painfully obvious that HE had to have been the one who set fire to Louisa's barn -- thus he was partially responsible for the woman's stroke that led to her death! And, he also had a direct hand in the illegal drilling in that mine that led to "Diamond's" death. Plus, he was a vicious sociopath who neglected, abused, and terrorized his own family. I would have thought that, in the "Today" section at the very end of the book, there would have been mention of the fate of that truly evil man. Who besides me was hoping to read that he...(a) fell into a threshing machine....(b) was mauled to death by those same wild dogs that chased Lou and Oz....(c) was killed by his son Billy, who was defending himself and/or members of his family..... (d) was tarred & feathered by the people of the community and then run out of town on a rail....(d) was found mysteriously strung up...and the Judge tells the Sheriff to not do any investigating! Who doesn’t want to see a bad end to a nasty, evil character in a book? A truly wonderful book-- if only David had saved some more to write other novels about Lou & Oz as they entered adulthood. Thumbs wayyyy up!
Rebecca (08/18/13)

YA Baldacci
If you are a middle-schooler, then this a good story of triumph with insight into the hard times of mountain living. If you are a critical reader looking for something that is not predictable, trite, and sappy, this is not worth your time.
Killer37 (02/15/12)

wish you well
This book was awesome. I loved it, especially when they moved in with their grandmother, and the character Oz almost made me cry. Overall this book is amazing!
Sal (01/30/12)

Great Book
It was a really good book. Fast paced, lots of unexpected events. The problem was, it was so sad.... :( Nearly cried with the deaths that happened. They shouldn't have happened. And I wish they never did.
broom (11/03/11)

Diamond
I enjoyed the book
I hated it (05/25/11)

Horrible
This book drove me to new levels of depression. I hope this book dies off as quickly as I'm about to if I had to read this book again.
Jennifer (10/08/10)

Awesome book!
I loved it one. Of the best books I have ever read in my life!
ERNEST VLEAL (07/26/10)

THE CHARACTERS WILL STAY WITH YOU
With most of the novels I read, (I tend to focus on particular authors) I may come away satisfied that the book was "a good read" - interesting story, suspense in the plot and hard to figure "who done it" - but, after a while the characters fade. Previously the most notable exception was Connie Willis' "Doomsday Book" - those caracters stayed with me for a long time - even after a second reading they are still with me. Well, now I can add David Baldacci's "Wish You Well" to that rarefied category. Baldacci is a gifted story teller - in other that his "political/action" genre.

One Month Free Membership