Reader reviews and comments on Dune: House Harkonnen, plus links to write your own review.

Dune: House Harkonnen

by Brian Herbert, Kevin J. Anderson

Dune: House Harkonnen by Brian Herbert, Kevin J. Anderson X
Dune: House Harkonnen by Brian Herbert, Kevin J. Anderson

Oct 2000, 592 pages
    Aug 2001, 752 pages

There are currently 11 reader reviews for Dune: House Harkonnen

A Random Reader (10/12/06)

Sorry if I offend you but I cannot comprehend how anybody could possibly give this book a 1 out of 5. I myself found the book to be incredibly addicting and found myself constantly reader more than I should have because I needed to find out what happened!
Although to clear my mind I need to point out a few key details:
1) I noticed some people talking about a descrepancy in the Pauls' DOB. However if your ead closer, you can realize that their are actually two Pauls. One from the Prequel Dune's (this is Leto's Father) and one from the Original Dune (Leto's Son).
2) Many people critisized Brian Herbert as not being equal with Frank Herbert... Although I agree with you in the sense that he is not the same as Frank, stating that Brian Herberts style of writing is "inferior" to Frank Herbert's is completely biased.

Thank you for yout time. I highly recommend this book.
Dotcommie (06/15/05)

Sadly contrived and handled with none of the wit and wonder of Frank's originals. A shame as I genuinly looked forward to the these prequels being published. It is sometimes simple and Hasmir Fenrings character Is frankly a slur on Frank's version of the older count. Shame
drama_queen (12/11/04)

Dark but amazing. The story was addictive, I had to keep reading; really I had no choice. I LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!! (smile) :)
robertR (09/22/04)

Thought it was poorly written and insulting to the reader. The characters lack depth and you, the reader, cannot possibly make your own conclusions so everything, and I mean everything, is explained. Dan Brown level writing...
Bob (04/19/04)

This is a great book that reaveals and explains more about what happened in
Christelle Oben (04/26/03)

This was one of the best books i have read so far in my high school career.
Gebeleysis (04/10/03)

Kull Wahad and Ya Hya Chouhada!
I just wanted to say that "Dune:House Atreides" is a top 5 book in the Dune saga: the first one is, certainly, Dune itself. (06/08/02)

In his introduction to 'House A' Brian Herbert would have us believe that he compiled an extensive 'Dune Concordence' i.e. a list of actualities and plot points gleaned from the Frank Herbert originals.
Even tho' it was many years since I read the originals, I was sure there were many disagreements in 'House A' with the originals.
I bought a copy of Dune and found a discrepency on page 1. The date of Paul's birth. The most irritating of the failures continues into 'House H' and how Duke Leto acquired Jessica....
Some of the plotlines are contrived and do not flow into the storyline. This is always a problem when handling other peoples ideas, but in such a revered work it is downright annoying.
Who is Kailua and why is she in this story?
OK Book editors are hated by authors, but this one was too, too timid. A vast amount of wordage and several improbabilities could have been cut with no loss to the overall relevance of the story.
I, as a woman, have a nasty feeling that Kevin J. Anderson and Brian Herbert, one or both, have far less understanding of women than Frank Herbert had.
The style is seamless and the action sequences realistic. It could have been done so much worse. (Read the sequel to 'Gone with the Wind') Nevertheless, I am and remain profoundly irritated by the obvious and improbable discontinuences with the 'concordence'. Carole

• Book Jacket: Women & Power