Reader reviews and comments on The Avengers, plus links to write your own review.

The Avengers

Oct 2000, 272 pages
    Oct 2001, 272 pages

There are currently 5 reader reviews for The Avengers

Fabio

The story is talking about a true event the holocaust, one of the most feared event and the most horrible one that could happened ever, and i find couragous a man is talking about it as well as Rich Cohen does with such a coherence and a great diction in the novel.
Cassi Clendenin

This book gives a new side to the horror of the Holocaust. It gives hope to people who can now look at the Holocaust in a different light.
Danielle H.

This book was written encredibly well. The descriptions, the vivid images, everything just made this book great. I had to do it for a report at school and it gave me so much to work with and, no doubt, I would read in again.
J.R. Valenzuela

An amazing story of men and women enduring not only the hell of ghettoization and the machinery of genocide, but also that of combat. Perhaps the most powerful aspect is how it shows the Jewish community of Vilnius in so many dimensions, that how even when faced with a common and horrifying fate, reactions to it are far from uniform. One of the greatest assets the Nazis had was the assumption on the part of those that they dealt with that they could be reasoned with, and it is hard (if not downright maddening) to read of Jewish leaders believing the German's agenda might still be rational to some extent. Highly recommended for any student of Jewish and WWII history, as well as that of early Israel.
Anonymous

Dave Merry
Wow! What a book! I have read others like it, most notably 'O Jerusalem' by Larry Collins & Dominque Lapiere for which 'Avengers' is the highly readable prequel, if you will. A small book, it can be completed in a day but it is packed full of human drama, courage, emotion and the determination of three individuals who refused to accept things as they are/were. This book will grace my bookshelf, like every other book that impresses me as this one has until so that can reread it in the future.

• Book Jacket: La Belle Sauvage
    La Belle Sauvage
    by Philip Pullman
    Voted 2017 Best Young Adult Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

I wasn't quite sure what to expect ...
  • Book Jacket: Leonardo da Vinci
    by Chloe Benjamin
  • Book Jacket: The Kites
    The Kites
    by Romain Gary, Miranda Richmond Mouillot
    Published by New Directions for the first time in English, Romain Gary's The Kites tells a story of ...

Ginny Moon by Benjamin Ludwig

The Chalk Man
    by C. J. Tudor

Relentlessly compelling psychological suspense. The must-read thriller debut of 2018.

Win Mothers of Sparta

Mothers of Sparta: A Memoir

Sorry, we do not currently have an active wordplay!