MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on The Man Who Ate The 747, plus links to write your own review.

The Man Who Ate The 747

by Ben Sherwood

The Man Who Ate The 747

Aug 2000, 272 pages
    Jan 2002, 288 pages

There are currently 13 reader reviews for The Man Who Ate The 747

RLG (05/20/10)

Ben Sherwood-747
I love this book. While it is slightly predictable, the concept is one that needs to be greatly appreciated to be understood. The whole point of this book is to get people to realize when you just sit and look at the big picture of what someone is doing you can either say something like well its cool or weird or okay. But the real picture that no one stops to think about is the little things others do for someone, its the little things that count the most and its the little things that people brush off all the time.
Hugo (06/24/07)

Good book
Though it's not the best book I've read; it's one of the best!
Jay Shah (09/09/04)

It was really good but sometimes like in the beggining it was a drag.
Kelly (09/08/04)

overall it was a good book... enjoyable, entertaining, and sweet... it turned out to be a "happy ending"

kelly
Maria (09/05/04)

Although the book is very interesting with great facts and ideas, the plot itself is quite dull and not very suspenseful. The book is good if you have nothing else to read, but I wouldn't suggest running out to the store after it.
sue (09/14/03)

A thoroughly enjoyable read, though I disagree with the plot description being at all surprising. JJ is an everyman character, the writing is good but not really sharp.But, I will say there is an undeniable charm and truth behind this book. Think it will be more popular with readers 20-30 years old. Thank you Mr Sherwood, I hope to hear more (and possibly better) things from you in the future.
liza (07/16/03)

EXCELLENT AND HEARTWARMING!
Lisa (06/10/03)

Loved this book, what a fun read. Great story and intriguing plot line. I am still trying to think of something to submit to the book of wonders. I want to read more Sherwood!

• Book Jacket: Murder at the 42nd Street Library
    Murder at the 42nd Street Library
    by Con Lehane
    It doesn't matter if you're stopping in your favorite library to quickly pick up a book, or settling...
  • Book Jacket: The Loney
    The Loney
    by Andrew Hurley
    Landscape can be a writer's best friend. Whether it's the mountains of England's lake...
  • Book Jacket: The Mirror Thief
    The Mirror Thief
    by Martin Seay
    It is easy to see why Martin Seay's debut novel, The Mirror Thief, has been compared to David ...

The Alaskan Laundry
    by Brendan Jones

A fresh debut novel about a young woman who moves to Alaska and finds herself through the hard work of fishing.

Win The Children

From NYT bestselling author Ann Leary

The captivating story of an unconventional New England family.

Girl Waits with Gun