Reader reviews and comments on The Amber Spyglass, plus links to write your own review.

The Amber Spyglass

Oct 2001, 480 pages

There are currently 30 reader reviews for The Amber Spyglass

Book Freak

Life and Love goes on
I absolutely adore this book. In fact, I own it! I love this book for its emotional trauma of how life and love move on even after the most terrible blows. I recommend this book to anyone who has a giving heart and is awed by the possibility different worlds around you.
Lindsey

Great Book!
This book was very very good I have read the whole Harry Potter Books and many other fantasy book, he did a great job,my mom read it too .She cried at the end and I almost did, I couldn't put it down! Thumbs up!:-)If you haven't read the book,YOU NEED TO!!:-)
Big Girl0013

The Amber Spyglass
I think that the book "The Amber Spyglass" s a great book because Lyra and Will was at war rages and Dust drains from the sky, the fate of the living and the dead finally comes to depend on two children and the simple truth of one simple story. When I read the book to my brother he said that the book was a great because it was about an amazing book because it was about a different world and about two children.
Katie

GREAT!!!
This was one of the best books I have ever read and I have read A LOT of books! It is also one of the saddest. I wish that there was a forth book!
Nell

Good Read
I loved this book. My favorite is the the The Golden Compass which is the first in the series but this is still very good. It's not your average fantasy book. This is the most complicated book of the three. I was about 12 when I read it and some of scenery and concepts described were hard to understand so I would recomend this to readers 13 or 14 up.
William

One of the best books of all times, truly will open one's mind.
prince

To me.This is an amazing book that takes me into the worlds i can only dream about! It's the conclusion of His Dark Materials Trilogy . I recommend this book to anyone who knows how to read, because without it, you will miss all of the good stuff!. IT's just as good as The Lord Of The Rings series and the Harry Potter series. It really is a great book trust me you got to read this book. And i'm hoping they could turn the whole dark material books into a great film even better than lord of the rings and harry potter series.
Claire

The first two parts of the 'His Dark Materials' trilogy are fabulous, but neither of those compare to the standard set by 'The Amber Spyglass'. It is the best book ever written (which is fact not opinion), and if you haven't read it what have you been playing at? It takes you on such an amazing emotional rollercoaster, and it let me experience emotions that I never thought were possible to feel whil reading books. It is truly heartbreaking and parts of it left me in floods of tears - and I hadn't reached the ending! I still cry myself to sleep after about the fifth time of reading it, and a book that can do that is spectacular. It's so deep and thought-provoking and even people who don't understand all of it will love it! The religious side is no problem to me, it's a good theory and opinion. With Christmas coming up, I strongly urge anyone who has not yet read it to get it. If you don't you really are missing out big time! Your life really won't be complete without this trilogy, it's for anyone who loves reading, and even those who don't.

From Claire aged 14

• Book Jacket: The Incendiaries
    The Incendiaries
    by R O. Kwon
    Phoebe Lin, the glamorous but tortured heroine of The Incendiaries, is convinced she has no room for...
  • Book Jacket: Your Duck Is My Duck
    Your Duck Is My Duck
    by Deborah Eisenberg
    In this collection of six short stories, Deborah Eisenberg presents characters confronting limits ...
  • Book Jacket: Unsheltered
    Unsheltered
    by Barbara Kingsolver
    Willa Knox's house is falling down. She recently inherited a Victorian residence in Vineland, ...
  • Book Jacket: Buried Beneath the Baobab Tree
    Buried Beneath the Baobab Tree
    by Adaobi Tricia Nwaubani
    Ya Ta, the main character in Adaobi Tricia Nwaubani's novel, Buried Beneath the Baobab Tree, ...

Code Girls
by Liza Mundy

The riveting story of the USA's courageous and accomplished WWII female American code breakers.

Gone So Long
    by Andre Dubus III

Dubus' first novel in a decade is a masterpiece of thrilling tension and heartrending empathy.

Win Gone So Long

Andre Dubus III's First Novel in a Decade

A masterpiece of thrilling tension and heartrending empathy.

G H E Rope A H Will H H