Reader reviews and comments on Hot Six, plus links to write your own review.

Hot Six

Jun 2001, 400 pages

There are currently 6 reader reviews for Hot Six

Foxxeyladie

Lovin' Plum
Evanovich just gets better & better. One of the few books/series that has made me laugh out loud while reading!! Enjoy all the characters, the grandmother alone will keep you in stitches. Stephanie Plum is a one of a kind "Bounty Hunter" from the "Burg". Hope Janet keeps producing more..I hate to see the series end!!
Rob S.

This is a truly great book. Excellent humor and completely exciting. I can't wait for the next one!
Dorothy

Very funny, a good light-hearted read
Bonnie

Janet Evanovich gets better with each new Plum book. As a fellow Jersey girl I can relate to the local & family happenings in the book. Love Grandma......Can't wait for Hard 8 to see what Stephanie & grandma are up to next.
Literal Truth

The Plum Soap
I admit that at first I had a strong fascination with the loveable, yet bumbling bounty hunter that is Stephanie Plum. I eagerly picked up the number books one after another, but after "Hot Six" I think the love affair is over.
Besides the fact that all the books have the same format and general plot characteristics, after a while I realized that - just like a Soap Opera- I could skip over a few numbers, start reading the latest incarnation and still know EXACTLY what was going on and which male Stephanie was agonizing over at that moment!
The worst part is that it became obvious Evanovich was going to keep Stephanie fumbling in both her love life and her job indefinitely. Most people after a while eventually LEARN how to do their job, but not Miss Plum! Also, Stephanie's character was so emphatic about her position on philandering males and her ex-husband Dickie Orr - yet Evanovich has her wantonly flashing her TaTas to two men at the same time! The irony is pretty thick that Morelli seems to want to settle down and the wayward Stephanie is playing the field with the dangerous Ranger.
Frankly, without ever having to read anymore of the Plum books, the reader KNOWS that this love triangle is never going to end, no matter HOW MANY number books Evanovich busts out. To continue reading this series has the potential to lead to mind-numbing boredom and a strong urge to throw the book out the window!
My advice is rather than continue to read the same book over and over again - find a new heroine, or a new series. It is time to jump off the Plum bandwagon at book six and consign the rest of the number books in New Jersey fashion - to the landfill.

KK
The best stephanie plum roller coaster ride yet! can't wait for the next one.

• Book Jacket: Educated
    Educated
    by Tara Westover
    Voted 2018 Best Nonfiction Award Winner by BookBrowse Subscribers

Tara Westover had the kind of ...
  • Book Jacket: Circe
    Circe
    by Madeline Miller
    Voted 2018 Best Fiction Award Winner by BookBrowse Subscribers

Towards the end of Madeline Miller...
  • Book Jacket: Children of Blood and Bone
    Children of Blood and Bone
    by Tomi Adeyemi
    Voted 2018 Best Young Adult Award Winner by BookBrowse Subscribers

What would you do if, in a ...
  • Book Jacket: Where the Crawdads Sing
    Where the Crawdads Sing
    by Delia Owens
    Voted 2018 Best Debut Novel Award Winner by BookBrowse Subscribers

Where the Crawdads Sing was a ...

Unsheltered
by Barbara Kingsolver

A timely novel that explores the human capacity for resiliency and compassion.

A Ladder to the Sky
    by John Boyne

A seductive, unputdownable psychodrama following one brilliant, ruthless man.

Win The 7 ½ Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle

The 7 ½ Deaths of
Evelyn Hardcastle

"Agatha Christie meets Groundhog Day...quite unlike anything I've ever read." - A. J. Finn

The Big Holiday Wordplay: $400+ in Prizes