Reader reviews and comments on The River King, plus links to write your own review.

The River King

by Alice Hoffman

The River King by Alice Hoffman

Jul 2000, 304 pages
    Jul 2001, 352 pages

There are currently 15 reader reviews for The River King

Dominic

river king
I most often scan a book by the amount of conversation that it has. this book does not have a lot, but still moves right along. I really enjoyed it, and will read more of her stories.
Cindy E.

Gripping story
Alice Hoffman is one of my favorite author and this is my favorite of all her novels. It mixes up mystery, romance, and the underlying element of hazing. It keeps one's attention throughout, and will not disappoint.
ELLEN

Spellbinding. Hoffman is a master story teller. The River King establishes an atmosphere through Hoffman's fine detail of the Mass. town where the story takes place. She then interrelates two different plots that hold your attention through there twists and turns.
She masterfully intertwines mystery and romance.
Anonymous

I think this is the best book, I had read in a long time, it held my interest from start to finish. I am a mature female but believe this book would appeal to all age groups.
Gao Lue Vang

This book is amazing. I have never read anything as wonderful as this. This book is filled with so many feelings and I just couldn't put the book down.
Mary

Thank you again A.H. The River King took me somewhere else. Anyone who has enjoyed fairytales in their youth can recapture that certain something in Alice Hoffman's prose. Filled with mystery, magical atmosphere and interesting characters, The River king delivers.
Sarah

This book was really good. It portrayed the regular mystery plot, who dun it, but deep down it is a journey that three people, individually, go on inside themselves to find their real selves. It never gets boring and has new peices of the story at every turn of the page.
Nyx

The River King was haunting. I fell in love with the characters right from the start and practically cried in a crowded waiting room when I reached the end, that's how powerfully it hit me. I'd recommend this book especially to those who consider themselves to be misunderstood. Honestly, I sometimes wish I could live in Alice Hoffman's imagination.

Discover your next great read here

• Book Jacket: The Blind
    The Blind
    by A.F. Brady
    In The Blind, A. F. Brady, a licensed psychotherapist, takes readers inside a residential ...
  • Book Jacket: The Rules of Magic
    The Rules of Magic
    by Alice Hoffman
  • Book Jacket: Good Me Bad Me
    Good Me Bad Me
    by Ali Land

To Capture What We Cannot Keep by Beatrice Colin

This love story set against the construction of the Eiffel Tower is "vibrant and transportive." (Bustle)

Seven Days of Us
    by Francesca Hornak

Win The Wisdom of Sundays

The Wisdom of Sundays
by Oprah Winfrey

Life-changing insights from super soul conversations.

A Good M I H T F