Reader reviews and comments on Jim The Boy, plus links to write your own review.

Jim The Boy

Apr 2001, 256 pages

There are currently 11 reader reviews for Jim The Boy

katelyn_jay (08/19/11)

not my favorite..
I had to read this book for ninth grade, going into honors English. I didn't think it was horrible, but there was no point to it. It shows a ten year old boy, who lost his father before he was born, going to school, making a friend, and growing up. The book was very slow, and sometimes didn't even make much sense. I expecting a lot more, and was disappointed.
Elli (09/12/10)

Beautiful Writing, Weak Plot
While the book had some beautiful descriptions and writing, there was absolutely no strong plot. The book was just a boring story about a boy that lives in a small town. He turns 10, he goes to school, he tries to help on his family's farm, and that's about it. There's no real point to the story. If only the amazing writing could have been applied to a much stronger plot with an actual meaning to the story.
V_Volcanoo. (09/08/10)

Jim the Boy
Well, what can I say? I thought it was very weak and really no sense. Very slow pace. Just awful. Also a lot of things didn't really make sense whatsoever.
Unkown (05/08/07)

Decent Book
I found this book to be a good choice for myself. For school I have been reading many of the classics and this fit in perfectly with all the other books. It was a great find and I recommend this book to anyone out there looking for another classic book.
lelsly (09/07/06)

it was ok....
we had to read this book over the summer for ninth grade honors english. i really wasn't that impressed with it. it was weak in that the charecters were under developed and the story was too fast and had next to no depth. there were no little supprising twists, no suspense, no anything that would make this anything other than a book i might recammend to a 3-4 grader. all in all, it was what expected it to be.
Brandy Adams (12/09/04)

A great book. Really felt like I was there. Excited to hear places I knew.
Jon (12/06/04)

This books aight
Norm (03/09/04)

"Jim The Boy" is one of those books that you are glad you've read. Growing up poor, but not knowing it then, I can relate somewhat to what Jim went through. Mr Earley does a fantastic job drawing the pictures in one's mind, making one recollect the many similar experiences and feelings I had while growing up.

• Book Jacket: La Belle Sauvage
    La Belle Sauvage
    by Philip Pullman
    Voted 2017 Best Young Adult Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

I wasn't quite sure what to expect ...
  • Book Jacket: Leonardo da Vinci
    by Chloe Benjamin
  • Book Jacket: The Kites
    The Kites
    by Romain Gary, Miranda Richmond Mouillot
    Published by New Directions for the first time in English, Romain Gary's The Kites tells a story of ...

Ginny Moon by Benjamin Ludwig

The Chalk Man
    by C. J. Tudor

Relentlessly compelling psychological suspense. The must-read thriller debut of 2018.

Win Mothers of Sparta