Reader reviews and comments on The Visitation, plus links to write your own review.

The Visitation

by Frank Peretti

The Visitation by Frank Peretti

Aug 1999, 519 pages
    Jan 2000, 519 pages

There are currently 10 reader reviews for The Visitation

Michael Woodley

Here is an unusal novel by a christian author, and had it not been for his earlier successes, I wonder if this would have been published at all. Why? Frank Peretti is not afraid in this novel to tackle the shallowness and innocent zeal of some christians who feel that because they have found the answers to life in Jesus, everyone else just needs to hear the message and will respond the same way, forgetting Jesus' own words that "Many are called but few are chosen". Frank Peretti also tackles the problem of self serving church ministers, and churches who leave more damaged souls than saved souls. A very intimate novel in many regards as you can tell that this story is in some respects autobiographical. This is probably one of the better "christian" novels around. This will challenge your faith, not to abandon it, but to strengthen it and examine it in the harsh light of reality, after all, the Christ we serve was nailed to a cross, not made a celebrity.
Tim

This book was great, for more than one reason! First, it was exciting, having a strong plot, and beautifuly detailed each and every character so that I could almost see their faces! Second, it wasn't like other Christian books where they don't go into description about "non-christian" views. It did thouroughly, and explained how we as christians were different. All around this was a great book, and I would reccomend it to anyone who is used to reading longer books.
Paige R.

I love Frank Peretti's books...this is a keeper. It is very hooking and you'll find yourself looking for more of his books!!!
Rachel Mills

I've never been much of a reader, and could never any genre of literature that I was truely interested in. I was turned on to the ''Left Behind" series, but once I finished with those, I just knew I would not be able to find anythinf like it. My grandparents gave the book to read, I had never heard of it and was shocked that they wantesd me to read a 600 page book. Well, I finished in two days!! To this day, it is one of the best books anyone could read. Congradulations to Mr. Peretti on created a masterpiece. Be a Christian myself this book was right up my alley.
Jackie

Just excellant!!
Jaclyn

Twas' an amazing book! Becoming a christian, I still wanted to read fiction in this type of supense/horror genre, and I got exactly what I was looking for in Frank Peretti's work. Not only did it satisfy my wants in fiction such as previously done by Stephen King and Dean R. Koontz, but it also impacted my prayer life to a greater abundance. I definetly recommend this book, and the others as well authored by Mr. Peretti.
Amber

This book is amazing. At first, it left me in confusion because I had no idea who was real and what the truth was, but the way Peretti leads this book will leave you up all night long until you finish it. I couldn't put it down! It reminds humans to know that there are demonic spirits out there who will try and make us fall, but with God on our side we can withstand it. Definetly recommended! If you like any other Peretti books, you'll love this. If you've never read a Peretti book, you'll want to read them all after this one! He's an amazing author and I can't wait for his next novel.
Kalina

I think the book was awesome it caught my attention with the inside cover!!!

• Book Jacket: Midwinter Break

Love and Other Consolation Prizes
    by Jamie Ford

Win If the Creek Don't Rise

If the Creek Don't Rise

A debut novel bursting with heart, honesty, and homegrown grit.

Y Can't M A S P O O A S E